Exhaust possiblilities, oh so many, which is the best?

BSTANGGED

Jun 8, 2006
Charlotte, NC
hey its me again, trying to get this bad boy in shape...I am choosing between a MAC, DYNOMAX, and Bassani cat back. My friend has MAC and it really sounds good, and was easy to install with no leak problems or anything. But my pops and I were talking and I really wanna go with either Bassani or Dynomax. I have the money to get either or, what would you guys suggest. BSTANGGED OUT!

• Sponsors (?)

exhaust is personal preference. Most everyone is going to like what is on their car and there are so many combo's to choose from. I suggest you go to a local stang meet or car show and ask people what they have and listen to each, then pick your favorite depending on your budget.
I have Mac LT's, prochamber and Mac cat-back. It's the best. :)

[QUOTE='03GTinFLA]exhaust is personal preference. Most everyone is going to like what is on their car and there are so many combo's to choose from. I suggest you go to a local stang meet or car show and ask people what they have and listen to each, then pick your favorite depending on your budget.
I have Mac LT's, prochamber and Mac cat-back. It's the best. :)[/QUOTE]
There is a site where u can listen to different combo's forgot the name of it maybe someone else could give it to u:shrug:

A good rule of thumb is go H pipe with chambered mufflers (such as Flowmaster) and x pipe with straight through design. But this is mostly just sound preference. So like mentioned above just try to find other Mustangs and listen to find the one you like. No cats will make it louder and headers can change the sound slightly. Also a car with 400 HP will sound different than a stocker. I have a off-road H pipe with Flows Super 40's. I like the deep V-8 tone.

Have you tried to do a search for sound clips? I believe the is a thread full of sound clip attatchments.

The best exhaust really comes down to sound preference. They all produce the same amount of power. give or take a couple of hp.

I recommend Bassani!!

Conv99GT said:
There is a site where u can listen to different combo's forgot the name of it maybe someone else could give it to u:shrug:
I think it's mustang exhaust.com or something, but a recorded version never sounds quite the same as it does in person. Usually when the car is revved the sound overloads the sound equipment and doesn't reproduce the same quality/tone/volume. It will give you a good idea of different sound combo's though.

im not complaining w/ my packs & slp x. the only problem i have w/ it is that its not loud enough for me so im swapping the cats out to just straight pipes! as long as this wisdom tooth doesnt hold me down all weekend....boooooo!

I dunno man, when it comes to exhaust and tires things are pretty subjective and really come down to personal preference. Listen to some of the audio clips, bide your time, and then get the perfect exhaust for you.

lover said:
I have the UPR X-pipe with Bassani and have a bunch of vids of my car with the setup in which i rev, fly-by, drive away, and just cruise too.
I wish it was louder, so im going to buy the Bassani race mufflers when they come out at the end of the summer and weld them in :D

SLP Loudmouth catback! Sounds evil.
Get the loudmouth I resonators for the most volume, or loudmouth II resonators for a slightly quieter sound with more bass. Or they also sell Power Flo mufflers which sound a bit louder than stock, but I have never heard those in person.

The good thing about the Loudmouth catback is that it is held together by high quality band clamps. You can swap in/out any of those 3 resonators/mufflers that I mentioned above in like 15-20 minutes if you want a different sound.

BSTANGGED said:
hey its me again, trying to get this bad boy in shape...I am choosing between a MAC, DYNOMAX, and Bassani cat back. My friend has MAC and it really sounds good, and was easy to install with no leak problems or anything. But my pops and I were talking and I really wanna go with either Bassani or Dynomax. I have the money to get either or, what would you guys suggest. BSTANGGED OUT!
Exhaust is a touchy subject as diff types soud better to diff people. If u hear a combo u like, go for it. If I had it to do over, I would go with kooks LT's, MRT off rd H pipe and, slp pwrflo cat back. Deep and loud enuf. One of the best ive heard was on an o3 mach, BBK LT's, Mrt h pipe/catted and magnaflow packs. Mean as HECK!:nice: