Fan shroud diameter

gbarber

Jan 26, 2004
delaware, ohio
Does anyone know the diameter of a stock 65-66 fan shroud? I want to get a fan shroud, but I want to be sure which diameter fan I need. The NPD catalog says the shrouds are 20". With the radiators measuring 17 1/4" X 16 1/2" I can't picture the diameter of the ring being 20".

• Sponsors (?)

gbarber said:
So, is the hoop in fact 20"?

Just put one on my 66 and it comfortably accomadated my 17" fan with a little room to spare. I think a fan bigger than 18" might start to rub based on mine. But it definitely makes a difference as far as cooling. I can't get the temp gauge to go up very much at all now at red lights driving around town.

gbarber said:
Okay, thanks. I guess I'll probably take back the 18 1/4" Flex-A-Lite fan I have, and I'll exchange it for a 17".

Before you do that....you can get the shroud first and then see if the fan you currently have fits okay before you install it. Since you have the fan and the shroud out you can do that simple test. Of course remember the fan blade do expand a little.

KAR mustang and Jegs are on my way home from work. I was going to call KAR tomorrow to see if they have a shroud in stock. Assuming they do, I was going to pick one up and try it out before I make an exchange at Jegs. I finally found something at KAR similar in price to NPD. Unfortunately, the mounting kit costs almost as much as the shroud itself.