finalizing my nitrous decision...help me out!

i have now graduated the stangnet.com nitrous school and am now ready to get my stang on the bottle.

i see that most go with the dry at first and end up converting to the wet setup. i would rather just go straight to whatever i'll be happy with the most. Either way i know i will be going with an NX kit. They seem to have the best feedback on this and other mustang forums. Now i need to decide on if i'm going dry of wet.1.) I want to know who all, with the plastic intakes (NPI or PI), has a wet setup and what were your results? 2.)was it difficult to tune? 3.)is it hard to make sure the kit is performing correctly? 4.)what is the window for the wet shot, in which it will not puddle in the intake? 5.)how often are you spraying your 100 shot? 6.)and finally WHAT KIND OF GAINS DID YOU SEE WITH THE TUNE ON EITHER SETUP?
thanks,
Gus

your responses:
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

• Sponsors (?)

stonegod85 said:
i have now graduated the stangnet.com nitrous school and am now ready to get my stang on the bottle.

i see that most go with the dry at first and end up converting to the wet setup. i would rather just go straight to whatever i'll be happy with the most. Either way i know i will be going with an NX kit. They seem to have the best feedback on this and other mustang forums. Now i need to decide on if i'm going dry of wet.1.) I want to know who all, with the plastic intakes (NPI or PI), has a wet setup and what were your results? 2.)was it difficult to tune? 3.)is it hard to make sure the kit is performing correctly? 4.)what is the window for the wet shot, in which it will not puddle in the intake? 5.)how often are you spraying your 100 shot? 6.)and finally WHAT KIND OF GAINS DID YOU SEE WITH THE TUNE ON EITHER SETUP?
thanks,
Gus

your responses:
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

Wet kits are MUCH safer than dry kits. If you have the money, go with direct port. Use the search button and you will find ALL the info you will ever need on nitrous.:nice:

i have all the info i need on nitrous wet/dry/direct i would just like to here some personal experiences with the wet and dry setups...the positive and negative experiences. i want to be ready for anything that may happen....and NOT surprised. c'mon nitrous people...a few yes/no and short answer q's will help me out a bunch!

ive had the NOSzle kit and the NOS dry kit for our cars. And I like the dry kit better it is less complicated and easyer to install. I have the noszle kit sittin in my shed if you want direct port nitrous ill make ya a good deal on it.

I started with a dry shot, converted to wet, and then went with a direct port setup. With the dry shot on my stock shortblock I made 364/422. With my first built shortblock I converted to a wet shot and made 513/556 on a 200 shot. On the first run through the gears it backfired and blew my intake to pieces, lol. So then I went with this...

DCP_0225.jpg

For a 125 shot or less you are better off saving your money and going with the wet or dry kits.

01steeda

That system is a NOS product. Trade mark called the NOS Nozzle system. It was developed with the 4.6 2V in mind. I don't know why anyone would stick with name brand anyway. All they are is stainless steel lines filled with the giggle juice. In my opinion if you want to show of NX just get the bottle and get the Nozzle set up. It will run you about 1400.00 on the high end depending where you get it. But it is a complete kit made for the mustang enthusiast.

LS2klr, those are awesome numbers for that dry kit on a stock block...what else did you have done to get those numbers? most likely i will start with a 100shot wet kit, as it seems to be the mustang enthusiasts' choice setup...the 100 shot with a tune and window switch should be pretty reliable and safe, i hope!

I'll personally always go with a wet system, I love mine and it still has room to grow safely. I purposely didn't get a remote bottle opener or cockpit nitrous pressure guage so I'd be forced to get out and open it and watch the pressure come up when the heater's on. I know me and this keeps me from hosing everybody on the street.

that's on a carb...secondly that is on a highly modified 317 small block! that is why it had such huge gains...i need info for a efi 4.6 stockish. but thanks for the read...so what about the plate systems for a wet kit...is that a better route to go down (they sure do make the setup look alot cleaner!) what do y'all think?

so i guess they just don't make plate systems for the 4.6...well it looks like just a regular wet kit for me... venom94, the wilsonmanifold line looks very good but a little pricey. i'll probably just stick with NX seeing as how it has the most and best feedback. if anyone has anything else to offer (info or kit) post up.
thanks again for the replies,
Gus

1) Results are in my sig. ~80 at the wheels through an automatic
2) Stock tune. Not timing removed on my NOS 125 shot. I did go with one step colder plugs.
3) Get it dynoed after the install and you will know if its working correctly along with getting the VERY valuable A/F ratio information.
4) I do not have a window switch. I have my tuner set to shift at 5900. I figure better safe than sorry.
5) I have sprayed quite a bit. Too many bottles to count.
6) Gains = TRQ in a bottle. When it hits youre going to be grinning from ear to ear.

The one thing I would mention that you didnt ask and I didnt talk about is bottle pressure. I live in Texas and it gets hot so I have seen my pressure go to nearly 1400 pounds with a full tank on a hot day. You do not want to spray under these conditions. I have sprayed with low pressure without problems before but I think there is a risk of puddling when this is done so I dont plan on doing it anymore. Hope this helps and good luck. Just respect it and you should be fine.