first time at track...aaahhhhhhhh

• Sponsors (?)

fluffyrunnells said:
thats the track.......i like the idea of forgetting about r/t....:nice:

I will be going to NED soon.. I will PM you to let you know when maybe we can meet up there and both of us can work on our times. I need to get my 60 foot back down to a 2.0 even with these stock size kuhmos I think I can do that.

I know forgetting the tree helped me at first. I was getting to pumped up and blowing my launch up badly. Hopefully that can help you the same way. Also you may want to practice shifting fast, even try to find a safe place you can do some launching practice.

NED blows for traction. It's always worse in the street. In the street i can launch hard with barely a chirp of the tires yet at NED all i do is bake the tires in 1st gear.

The last time i went with my car i pulled a 14.1 @ 98MPH. I also managed a 2.1 6-footer. DOn't ask but the track was sticky that day prob because of some event they had beforehand.

Like they've all said, practice the launch. Don't drop the clutch but bring it out smooth and slip it a little bit.

You should be able to get 2.2x 60 ft pretty easy, 2.1 very do-able and 2.0's is some good driving and also very possible. I've never gotten under 2.0 on my stock tires so I can't speak for that :nonono:.

Most important is to just have fun, the times will come down on their own.

svttech76 said:
I will be going to NED soon.. I will PM you to let you know when maybe we can meet up there and both of us can work on our times. I need to get my 60 foot back down to a 2.0 even with these stock size kuhmos I think I can do that.

I know forgetting the tree helped me at first. I was getting to pumped up and blowing my launch up badly. Hopefully that can help you the same way. Also you may want to practice shifting fast, even try to find a safe place you can do some launching practice.
:nice: :nice: :nice: :nice:

ouch. you need the driver mod.

first time at the track was a 14.033@101 backed up by a 14.022@102. mods in profile. you should at least be hitting mid 14's stock. i was contemplating running my car at the track last night after de-modding it(selling it for a terminator), since the car doesnt feel any slower stock, but 35$ and waiting 3 hours(they said track would open at 4, didnt open till 7) just didnt seem worth it.

like others have said, practice practice. 90% of your time is due in part from your 60ft. get them down to 2.2-2.1 and shift at 5500ish rpm's and mid 14's are cakewalk.

im going to the track Oct 2nd and hoping to lay down some good times im takeing other wheels and tires with me tho, some centerline 3.5 front runners and slicks hoping to have some good runs :nice: keep practising :nice:

I was getting 14.7's on street tires before my cam swap. 2.1-2.0 sixties. You just have to practice the launch. Slip the clutch until you get rolling then let 'er rip. Never worry about the R/T unless you are heads up racing.

Shift points are an issue too. Shift at about 5200. Sounds low but your peak HP is probably around 4900. Look at your dyno slip and see what the peak is then shift about 3-400RRM's above that. Alot of people make the mistake of shifting at redline and it hurts you on the big end.

BTW...I've got STACKS of 15+ second timeslips...probably more of those than I did high 14 ones.

COramprat said:
I was getting 14.7's on street tires before my cam swap. 2.1-2.0 sixties. You just have to practice the launch. Slip the clutch until you get rolling then let 'er rip. Never worry about the R/T unless you are heads up racing.

Shift points are an issue too. Shift at about 5200. Sounds low but your peak HP is probably around 4900. Look at your dyno slip and see what the peak is then shift about 3-400RRM's above that. Alot of people make the mistake of shifting at redline and it hurts you on the big end.

BTW...I've got STACKS of 15+ second timeslips...probably more of those than I did high 14 ones.

yup my stack after one day was pretty high......got 15 runs in that night