Fluidyne Radiator

5.0_HO_GT

Founding Member
Jul 23, 2002
Poway, CA
1995 GTS AFR 185 Heads, trickflow cam, Holley intake combo.

Couple questions...
1st What are the two inlet/outlet holes for on the fluidyne radiator? Oil cooling, tranny cooling?
2nd What thermostat should I run with it? I have a 180 in there now and the upper radiator hose is pressurized as though thermostat is not opening. On the freeway the temp gauge reads 170 in town 200 or so which is better than 210-215 with stock radiator... is this normal?

Thanks,
Oliver

• Sponsors (?)

5.0_HO_GT said:
What temp does yours run at idle, highway, and in town?
I just plugged the two holes... that should be fine right?

You don't even have to plug them if you don't want to. It's just the heat exchanger for the AOD cars (my fluidyne was specifically ordered without them for the manual cars).

When I installed mine, I went with a 180* stat but as far as temps, I couldn't tell you. I have yet to install decent gauges and the stock one is a crapshoot at best. Honestly, I didn't see any change temperature wise from the stock gauge. If anything, it seemed to come up to operating temp a little quicker than before.

Mine is a manual specific as well...any ways I run a 180 T-Stat and my car usually runs right around 180 no matter stop-n-go or highway..it creeps up to 190ish when I boost but then goes right back to 180-185.
Def. one of my fav. mods.

Chris

Do you have your stock fan settings changed?
The stock setting for the hi speed fan is about 220*.
I have mine Overridden with the TwEECer to 180*.

Mine will still go to 210 on the highway (but <190 in traffic)...I think in my case, it's because I have that body kit and stock hood. Those Cowl hoods and heat extractor hoods really let air circulate. On the hwy, the body kit restricts a little air flow, and with the bling and the low stock hood, there is nowhere for all that hot air to blow out to.

As Chris said though, awesome mod! Any stang user planning to go H/C/I, Power adder etc, NEEDS to get a better radiator, especially now that our cars our 10 years old.
RC