FlyWheel HELP

AZNEAL311

Sep 1, 2006
Phoenix
I just bought a stage 3 clutch with aluminum flywheel. The Flywheel came with both 28 and 50 oz weights. I know a stock 88 5.0 is the 50oz but ive also read stuff like strokers,306s or any thing with custom internals could have been balanced for 28oz. The guy I bought the car from didnt build or even know any thing really about the motor. When I had it out to change the oil pump I noticed the SpeedPro Piston symbol on the pistons. So that makes me think its bored so it would be a 306. Not sure if its been stroked or rebalanced. There were some pretty big holes drilled in the crankshaft. The old flywheel and weight are one peice. Is there a place I can check the part number on it or the balancer or the crankshft to find out. That might be a dumb question but better safe than sorry. Also do you torque the weight down ifso to what..lock-tite?

• Sponsors (?)

speedpro makes standard bore pistons as well as .030. when the engine was balanced, they woulda used the balancer and flywheel as well. if its the orig. flywheel then it was balanced to 50oz. always use red locktite on the flywheel to crank bolts and on the pressure plate to flywheel bolts, the balancer bolt, in short, anything on the rotating assembly. for torque specs, check a service manual or someone will chime in with what they did.