Ford brakes stink (especially when they're on FIRE!!!!!

GREEN with envy

i'm absolutely jealous of you guys out on the track. my track is to and from my girlfriends house in DC about 5 miles away in city traffic. i've never done autocross, but i intend to do a high speed driver's ed course at virginia intl raceway or shenandoah in wv. so do you guys "race" race, or are you racing only against your own time, or ???? what do you recommend to get started, meaning "event" wise not "equipment" wise??? THANKS!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I mainly run at Road America (10 min from home) I belong to the northwoods
shelby club and they have a timed event, with only 2 cars at once so your racing
against yourself. And they do an open track also which has as many as 20 cars
in each group. No passing in corners and you need to wave by a faster car.
Sounds strict but It's pretty close to full on racing minus the fender to fender
paint swaping. I love it.

HOLY EFFIN ****NIT, now THAT'S the kinda stuff i wanna do. . .eventually of course! screw the drag strip, screw the "only driving to and from work" and bring on the track [please Santa please] :SNSign:

To get started find your nearest track, join a club and
dont expect to learn it all at once. Does'nt matter how fast you
are, their will always be someone faster and with more experience
and have fun.

To get started find your nearest track, join a club and
dont expect to learn it all at once. Does'nt matter how fast you
are, their will always be someone faster and with more experience
and have fun.

Ain't that the truth. I'm getting real sick of being blown off the track by Mazda Miata's. The have a Spec Miata club racing series at Hallet and it seems like every time I'm out there there's a Miata in some stage of being built blowin' my doors off in HST. When the brakes blew they coated one of my wheels in brake fluid and ruined the finish. I ended up ordering two replacments. I haven't decided if I want to polish them out for show wheels, mount some drag radials on them, or get two more and wrap 'em in slicks for the road course! Those miata's go like stink on slicks.

I agree that Ford should offer a big brake road course option package for the Mustang GT.

I understand that Ford needs to let the aftermarket reap the profits, but Ford offers a lot of unnecessary appearance mods when they should be offering solid performance upgrades.

Maybe they just figure that people that want a more trackable car will turn to the likes of Roush or Steeda. They've gotta know that they're not as good at it as some of the aftermarket tuners. Of course, they do have the FR-500. But I agree, one of the things that made the original car so popular was the wide range of options you could spec a mustang with. These days they want to rake in the dough by only offering the good stuff in a "whole package" car like the Shelby. I'm not going to trade my '05 in for a Shelby because they just flat want too much for 'em. That and, to tell you the truth, I'm not to thrilled with the interior, not real excited about the cheap looking stripes, don't get a rise from the front end treatment, and I really can't deal with the weight. I thought mine was a pig! Now if I could option out a '07 GT with an all aluminum 5.4 liter, bigger brakes, 4.10's, ect. well, I'd be there tomorrow! Makes you wonder how many Mustangs they'd sell a year if the option list included more than one choice of motor.