Ford Racing supercharger

shanedog

Oct 27, 2004
Olathe, Kansas
I was peeking around the MM&FF and noticed that FR is going to start selling the Whiple charger for the 05+ Stangs. Does anyone have any info as to when this may occur? I am expecting to pick up my car in about a month and I would love to be able to have them throw in the Whipple at the same time...plus I could wrap it into my loan.

Also, is it safe to assume if you buy the part from Ford and they install it it will be covered under warranty?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure when they will be availible but I'm pretty sure that even if you have a Ford dealer install the unit that it will not be covered under your factory warranty and your engine will no longer be covered either as long as the supercharger is installed. The supercharger itself may have a waranty that only covers the SC itself not the engine it is installed onto. If you can get the dealer to warranty the entire engine including SC get it in writting!

The whipple charger is a nice setup but if you are serious about super charging your stang consider the procharger. It has an intercooler and the air that will actually be blown into your motor will be 28-90 degrees cooler than a setup without the intercooler. This means you will get much more power, plus the system is self oiled (no taping the oil pan of your stang).

At least check it out before you make any decisions. www.procharger.com
The procharger systems actually start shipping today, and should be avilible for purchase really soon.

Hope this helps some
-Sean

seanthenerd said:
I'm not sure when they will be availible but I'm pretty sure that even if you have a Ford dealer install the unit that it will not be covered under your factory warranty and your engine will no longer be covered either as long as the supercharger is installed. The supercharger itself may have a waranty that only covers the SC itself not the engine it is installed onto. If you can get the dealer to warranty the entire engine including SC get it in writting!

The whipple charger is a nice setup but if you are serious about super charging your stang consider the procharger. It has an intercooler and the air that will actually be blown into your motor will be 28-90 degrees cooler than a setup without the intercooler. This means you will get much more power, plus the system is self oiled (no taping the oil pan of your stang).

At least check it out before you make any decisions. www.procharger.com
The procharger systems actually start shipping today, and should be avilible for purchase really soon.

Hope this helps some
-Sean

Thanks for the reply, the only way I would go with the wipple is if I can get it from Ford and still maintain my warranty....if not I will either go with another blower or turbo set up. I have had a Procharger on a previous car and I had some bad luck with it so I probably won't go that route (even though my office is just a 5 min drive from ATI/Procharger) As far as intercooling, if I end up getting a blower without an IC, I plan on taking my Snow Performance water/methonal injection from my Camaro and putting it on the Stang...that will reduce the air temps every bit as much as a good IC if not more. Thanks again!

shanedog said:
Thanks for the reply, the only way I would go with the wipple is if I can get it from Ford and still maintain my warranty....if not I will either go with another blower or turbo set up. I have had a Procharger on a previous car and I had some bad luck with it so I probably won't go that route (even though my office is just a 5 min drive from ATI/Procharger) As far as intercooling, if I end up getting a blower without an IC, I plan on taking my Snow Performance water/methonal injection from my Camaro and putting it on the Stang...that will reduce the air temps every bit as much as a good IC if not more. Thanks again!
I agree with the poster above. Even it is manufactured under the name "Ford Racing", Ford will never cover it and your powertrain warranty would be gone. But adding a power-adder, regardless of manufacturer or installer, would void your Ford powertrain warranty.
And alcohol injection does not lower air temperature. It lowers combustion temperature.

88GTsocal said:
I agree with the poster above. Even it is manufactured under the name "Ford Racing", Ford will never cover it and your powertrain warranty would be gone. But adding a power-adder, regardless of manufacturer or installer, would void your Ford powertrain warranty.
And alcohol injection does not lower air temperature. It lowers combustion temperature.

I just got back from the ford dealer and I was told by the sales manager if I was to buy the blower kit from them and have it installed, I would still maintain my warranty. BUT, he did not seem like the sharpest pencil in the box so I would need to get it confirmed elsewhere......I guess if the Roush blower is under warranty through ford (on the Stage 3) I suppose it would be no different adding a Roush blower to a regular GT and keeping the warranty. Just a thought.

BTW, alchohol does not lower the air temps......but water does....

I had a similar answer from my Ford salesman (if installed by the dealer, warrantied by the dealer), and asked to get this confirmed by the service manager. We both went together, and the SM said "no way, warranty will be void" if I get any engine mod, even by their own guys...

I'm sure a lot of guys get caught with this!

shanedog said:
I just got back from the ford dealer and I was told by the sales manager if I was to buy the blower kit from them and have it installed, I would still maintain my warranty. BUT, he did not seem like the sharpest pencil in the box so I would need to get it confirmed elsewhere......I guess if the Roush blower is under warranty through ford (on the Stage 3) I suppose it would be no different adding a Roush blower to a regular GT and keeping the warranty. Just a thought.

BTW, alchohol does not lower the air temps......but water does....

I have that same deal with Mac Haik Ford here in Austin. They finance the blower into the deal (Whipple or Procharger) and honor the warranty.

And the Whipple WILL be in the FR catalog, but it will be a couple of months.

The Procharger will make more power based on the graphs I have seen. It offers 11 second E/Ts out of the box. 525+ HP at the wheels.

Lostsoul- They are taking orders on the Prochargers, but will ship toward the end of May.

seanthenerd said:
-Sean

The standard Whipple kit is intercooled also and there is no oil pan tapping.

2005 Mustang Whipple SC