Fuel + Spark = Still Won't Run!?!?!?!?!?

onebad7up

Jun 21, 2004
Nashville
I have a 1989 Gt Vert and it used to have a h/c/i setup with a 60mm turbo kit. There were numerous supporting aftermarket parts on it as well.

Over the past few months I have taken it back to stock. Now that I am finished I cannot get it to run. Timing is popping through exhaust. This motor ran great before I put it in.

I am thinking that is a TFI wiring issue because a number of electronics were disconnected.

I took some readings tonight and I was wondering what everyone thought looked wrong.

With key 'ON'

Blue - 0 V
Y/G - 0 V
R/Bl - 120's mV
R/G - 10.7 V
G/Y - 4.35
Blck - 0 V

While Cranking

Blue - 0 V
Y/G - 0 V
R/Bl - 0 V
R/G - 5 V
G/Y - 4.35
Blck - 0 V

The one thing I noticed was the R/ Blue did not receive power on cranking. Is there anything else that is weird?

• Sponsors (?)

We have checked for TDC probably 5 times. It has new plugs. Tried different dizzys. Checked firing order. Swapped ECU's.

I am running out of options, which is what brought me back to wiring.

Any thoughts on the wiring?

While cranking, the TFI needs to see voltage at the start-signal-in terminal. If that's missing, it's tough to start the car.

It's real quick to check spark and injector pulsing. You can hook an inductive timing light to a random plug wire to see if you have spark. A noid light makes it easy to check injector power and ground.

If you have those, I'd consider the TFI is probably ok for now. The above-thoughts regarding being out of phase are quite possible.