gauge locations...which worked best for you?

There are A pillar mounted gauges, dash mounted, cowl mounted, there may be more...

I fear cowl mounting will expose the elements (snow) etc to the gages, hard to see I imagine.

The A pillar might be OK. Can I mount them myself? the gauges I mean? Hard to do?

Can you see the A Pillar mounted gauges OK? Or worse are they in the way, hit your head, in your eyes at night?

I appreciate the opinions...

• Sponsors (?)

i like my pillar gauges. they are perfect position for driving and watching them.

i have my oil pressure and water there so i can always monitor them. ive thought about getting a couple other gauges and putting them in the vents. i dont want too many gauges though.

I have a double and triple pillar pod and both are great. I like the triple better than the double. Like J said, it is easy to monitor them there.

I have my vacuum and boost gauges in a vent mount, the plate has vents in it to allow AC to pass through. Looks pretty cool. The thing with the vent mount is if you have a tac mounted on the side of the dash it could limit your view of the gauges, I have to peak around the tac to see my vacuum.

NO pics? C'mon guys!

I have a triple pillar, and a dash pod for the big tach and two other gauges. It looks good, but only the tach is easy to see. I have to make a conscious effort to look over at the other two gauges. The pillar pod is perfect, it's always there in the corner of your eye. About once every three months or so I'll be going around a corner over a hill or something stupid and realise there is a quick blind spot caused by the thick pillar, but not enough to worry me. I've driven Dodge pickups that have harder to see around pillars all the time :D

dsc01693.jpg