Going big... 460 big.

• Sponsors (?)

bluevenom867 said:
Gopher what converter are you runing?

10" TCI streetfighter, 3000 stall.... I wish i would've went with a bigger cam and a little less LSA.

I wanted to go with the edelbrock rpm cam, its the same as the one i have now, but on 108LSA, i was worried i wouldn't have any vaccuum for power brakes though, maybe i will change it next summer, or go bigger. I feel my car can handle and needs a little more top end, its not like i really need low end torque with this thing anyway lol.

The Fox said:
Im the current high bidder now. $350 would be nice for headers, oil pan, motor mounts, dipstick, gaskets and header bolts.

Thanks again for the heads up.
Yah no problem If i didn't already have so much money tyed up in my 351w i would have started a big block swap now aswell.

Damnit I got outbid. Now to 400 :(

Anyway, I found a bellhousing to go BBF to C4 so I can use the "Redneck Performance" C4. This guy on ebay sells race ready C4s from the torque converter to tail shaft with trans brake, reverse full manual valve body, the works. Not bad for $900

c-4 or c-6.........

go to ford muscle and see just how many guy's on there are pullin the front wheels in old big body galaxies and fairlanes with c-4's.if you build it properly you'll never wanna run anything else! in my sig it states (slipping trans) it was the first tranny i ever built and it did'nt even have a shift kit in it(all stock parts out of a c-5 trans) i later put in a performance automatic vb and it never missed a lick!!!!!!:hail2: c-4 :hail2: i never ran it at the track again as i dismantled the combo to build a more serious setup which will also be backed by a c-4( or as much as i hate to say it a powerglide, simply because i like to streetrace and with my new combo the c-4 may cause it to be a little to violent off the line on the backroads!!!!!!!!!!!!):eek: :nonono:

Redneck Performance (ebay store) has C4s VERY well built. Here are the specs...

Full Manual Valve Body
Reverse Pattern
Trans Brake
Rollerized Gearset
Hardened Input Shaft
Reinforced Forward Drum
Billet Servo
Deep Pan
Hi-Perf Frictions
Rated to 650hp
6 Month Warranty
9.5" Custom Stalled Converter
Anti Ballooning Plates
Furnace Brazed
1pc Forged Front Cover

All that for $1,000. I'm also getting the BBF to C4 bell from the guy for $300.

Here's a link to it...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...tegoryZ33727QQihZ008QQitemZ180030350636QQrdZ1

Anthony