Good Body Shop in Orlando?

bullitt_5135

Founding Member
Nov 30, 2001
Orlando, FL
I had an unfortunate incident with a 14" diameter log at 60 MPH last night. Some jackass hauling a trailer full of firewood had his tailgate fall off and spilled a few logs into the road. In my attempt to miss the tailgate (which I saw) I nailed (and I mean I hit this thing HARD) a pretty good size piece of oak (which I did NOT see).

At first I thought I might be able to simply replace the wheel (which was SPLIT) and my chin spolier but upon washing it this morning I can see now that the entire front fender is closer to the passenger door than it used to be and that my hood is misaligned.

Took it to the local Ford dealer to get a rough idea as to what the damage was and the estimate came out to be about $2200.00. A bit more than I was expecting, but ***** adds up quickly. The estimator did tell me that I had the nicest paint he had ever seen on a Mustang (thanks Zaino!)

Good news is that I got the guy's insurance information from him last night so hopefully it wont cost me anything out of pocket. Needless to say I wasn't too happy with this guy but I could tell he genuinely felt bad about what happened.

I am considering putting on a different bumper cover as well. Perhaps the '01 Cobra?

If anyone has had a good experience with a good DETAIL ORIENTED bodyshop in Orlando let me know who they are. I would appreciate any feedback any of you guys could give.

• Sponsors (?)