got a black magic extreme fan? come in here

all you guys running these fans, where do you have your control knobs set? mine is dead smack in the middle, which is supposed to be 200 degrees... just wondering how much the probe is off by, or if it is fairly accurate?

all i have are the stock gauges so im just wondering what u guys with better more accurate gauges had the knob set at.

• Sponsors (?)

I am sure you will get some good answers, but what you can do also:

Go get a turkey thermometer (99 cents) and on a cold motor, remove the rad cap and use the thermometer in the radiator to check temps to see when the fan kicks on. Just be real careful of hot coolant and all that (I do this same thing when I burp cooling systems and am checking stat opening temps).

Good luck.

This morning i went and dug through my old mans turkey fryer kit because i remember it had a really good stainless steel turkey thermo.. went outside pushed that in the fin beside where the probe for the fan control is.. played around with it for bout 10 mins and got it to come on right at 195 degrees all the time. now i can just forget about it.. BTW getting rid of that old ass clutch fan definatly gives a SOTP increse. i can feel that more then my pullies or my exhaust after i had them installed.. that old fan has to weigh 20 pounds. Now on to install the MGW shifter ive had sittiing here for over a month now, everytime i go to install it something else comes in and i install it first. lol. another mod down, many more to go.