Got the bullitt dynoed today

So I took my car to Speed Freaks in Tracy ca today and got it dyno tuned. Only had a couple of problems. My brand new Granetelli motorsports coils turned out to suck.:notnice: Had a missfire at 4800 and swaped some motocraft ones on and it fixed it. I thought they just didnt know how to weld. Turns out they can't do anything right so save yourself the hassel and don't buy anything of theirs. Also i pegged my sct 2400 big air maff. at 5700 rpm. If your thinking of getting one of those get the 2800 cause its the same price (I think). So anyways my numbers were 381.3hp at 5700rpm and 404.5tq at 4200. Air to fuel ratio was 11.6 to 11.8. It was taken on a mustang dyno. They couldnt run it over 5700 cause the mass air meter. List of mods: P1sc procharger with a three core intercooler, viper spec t56, built rear end with 4.10 gears, UPR k-member kit, MM rear control arms and panhard bar. As you can see the procharger is the only thing on the motor so the horsepower numbers seem ok to me. I really need to do the exhaust though. What else? Are cams my next step? Or should i build a motor? Is that a good afr? Tell me what you think.

• Sponsors (?)

Your meter should be nowhere close to being pegged....something is wrong. They have been proven well into the 500s on blow through setups, and can easily go 600+ on draw through setups.

But anywho, NICE #s! Especially for the mods! Bullitts intake is really shining there IMO.

Im definatly no tuner, but from my understanding, yes it puts out a signal for the EEC to read....the voltage tells the EEC how much air is coming into the engine and consequently fuel to send through the injectors. (IE the EEC controls the injector pulse widths) So basically if the meter is reading 5 (or very close I believe) volts then its pegged. Oil on the meter will cause an early reading....even a freshly oiled K&N filter will do it if thats what your running.

Im not sure what the tuner has to do with a pegging meter though...but im sure someone would know.

As far as the turbo system...we are waiting one 1 header from the tig welder, and hes had it for 7 days now :( . The other header has been finished and we have the drivers side system setup and mounted. We were hoping to be done this week, but with no passenger side header and a fairly thick layer of ice outside right now....along with near freezing temps the rest of the week. I doubt that will happen :(

bluebullet
the MAF voltage is NOT something the tuner can change through the software.
I have seen a couple of guys peg their 2400 MAF with rwhp between 350 to 400 with the procharger blowthough set up (one is my cousin in Texas with a GT mustang, procharger and some mild cams). your right the 2800 is the way to go as they are the same price. Carefull not to rev past the point where is MAF is starting to peg as it will go lean.
NICE NUMBERS..

So I took my car to Speed Freaks in Tracy ca today and got it dyno tuned. Only had a couple of problems. My brand new Granetelli motorsports coils turned out to suck.:notnice: Had a missfire at 4800 and swaped some motocraft ones on and it fixed it. I thought they just didnt know how to weld. Turns out they can't do anything right so save yourself the hassel and don't buy anything of theirs. Also i pegged my sct 2400 big air maff. at 5700 rpm. If your thinking of getting one of those get the 2800 cause its the same price (I think). So anyways my numbers were 381.3hp at 5700rpm and 404.5tq at 4200. Air to fuel ratio was 11.6 to 11.8. It was taken on a mustang dyno. They couldnt run it over 5700 cause the mass air meter. List of mods: P1sc procharger with a three core intercooler, viper spec t56, built rear end with 4.10 gears, UPR k-member kit, MM rear control arms and panhard bar. As you can see the procharger is the only thing on the motor so the horsepower numbers seem ok to me. I really need to do the exhaust though. What else? Are cams my next step? Or should i build a motor? Is that a good afr? Tell me what you think.

What do you run in the 1/4 mile, do you have to shift to 5th?

So, it looks like its an issue with the procharger setup. COuld it be pipe diameter? If the pipe is 2inch and blowing into a 3.5 inch meter then its not going to be filling that 3.5 inch meter properly and will have some very high winds blowing accross the meter making it think that its a full 3.5 inch volume of air going into the engine, when infact its not.
just guessing, but that would probably do it

Is your setup simular to this? I know its a bullitt, so thats slight different...but where is the MAF?

ati359266.jpg

Attachments

• ati359266.jpg
    ati359266.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 78
Its down in the fenderwell and the pipe is tiny. That sounds like it would confuse it. And i havent been to the track yet. Maybe in a month or two. I want to drive it for a while so im sure that it isnt going to blow up when i take it to the track, and the clutch and transmission are pretty new also so im gonna give them some break in miles. Its also been hitting the 20s lately so the cold track wouldnt have much bite. Ill probably wait till spring.

nah jeff s is not @ apex, it is another spot in santa clara.

I dont really wanna comment on Apex because i havent dealt with them. Only thing i know from experience is that they are expensive and charging 4 hours of labor for a gear install and then an additional fee because they are 4.10s is just too much IMO.

ill get you that info soon andill post it up.

The red one? I saw it. They were working on it on tuesday night. Looks cool. Its a sleeper, except for the wine. Do you ever go out to mountian house on a friday or saturday night? If so maybe ill see you out there, i go about once a month. Look for a blue bullitt. They took a long time to get me my car back but im really happy with their work. The car is a beast now. It doesnt ever compare to the stock tune. As soon as i can get an exhaust and new mass air im going back for another tune. They have tons of mustangs in their shop and they even do engine building. Bullitt 2620 im poor and spent all my money on my car so i dont have a digital camera so i cant get any pics on here but ill borrow my friends sometime so i can get some pics up. But it might be a while.

No i didnt notice the trailer hitch. Thats pretty good. Out on mountian house parkway in the warehouses there are usually a bunch of people out there racing on friday and saturday nights after midnight. Maybe a hundred cars or so. It gets packed sometimes. The cops usually break it up after a while but its pretty fun. Are you from tracy?