Greetings and have a question...

JCoggin

Sep 22, 2006
Hey folks,

I am the proud new owner of a '66 Convertible, 289, automatic. Overall the car is solid with only minimal rust and/or body damage. There are a couple of pieces of sheetmetal that I want to replace and I have already decided to use original tooling panels. Right now I am totally confused because there are SO MANY companies out there that sell Mustang parts. I am looking for feedback from anyone who has had good experiences and has company recommendations. Thanks in advance for the help!!!!!

James

• Sponsors (?)

BDT 1967 said:
I like year one.
Noooo...THE most overpriced mustang parts house (or at least in the top 3 with Restomods+ and Paddock)

NPD all the way. I even bought 3 cans of primer from them and 2 didnt work so they gave me a refund, didn't even have to ship them back. :D They also seem to sell quality sheetmetal, unlike the rear trunk brace I bought somewhere else, my HD Radiator Core Support from NPD actually fit.

Another good choice is Ponderosa Mustang. He sells good sheetmetal and he's cheaper in most cases than NPD. I paid ~$130 for my core support from NPD only to find his was $125 shipped for the SAME one. D'oh! :bang: Havent had the chance to buy from him yet but he's highly reccomended to me and knows his stuff.

5.0ina66 said:
Noooo...THE most overpriced mustang parts house (or at least in the top 3 with Restomods+ and Paddock)

NPD all the way. I even bought 3 cans of primer from them and 2 didnt work so they gave me a refund, didn't even have to ship them back. :D They also seem to sell quality sheetmetal, unlike the rear trunk brace I bought somewhere else, my HD Radiator Core Support from NPD actually fit.

Another good choice is Ponderosa Mustang. He sells good sheetmetal and he's cheaper in most cases than NPD. I paid ~$130 for my core support from NPD only to find his was $125 shipped for the SAME one. D'oh! :bang: Havent had the chance to buy from him yet but he's highly reccomended to me and knows his stuff.

+1 on NPD - The main reason I use them is they're less than an hour from my house and I save shipping. The other reason is I have befriended a sales rep there and we've developed a relationship. He makes his living selling me the things I need and I get up front and *right now* service. He has been in the business for just about as long as I have been alive and is very knowledgable as well.

IMO - NPD is the way to go.

WORTH said:
I've had good luck with Virginia Mustang. But Pakrat has more experience buying parts since he keeps wrecking his car:lol:

I've had good luck with Virgina classic as well so ditto on that.

BTW worth, that implies several but there has only been one wreck to date. Just the same it was nice of you not to join the other forum just to take a shot and do it here instead. :nice:

I must say those unpainted scoops on the red vert are real sharp brother, Nice detail!!! Bet they compliment your bermuda shorts with black socks and sandals quite nicely. Must drive the boys, I mean girls wild!:lol:

Looking forward to the weekend!

Ah contrare, I painted those flat black. SOme day I may even restore that car if I can stop driving it long enough. I think I've been driving it for 5 years now:D I have to stop working on other peoples cars:rolleyes:

Everytime I get a gameplan my life takes a twist and I change my mind again.

the current restoration schedual is ;

65 ragtop - in progress
74 F-350
65 F-100
46 1/2 ton
70 Ragtop

But there is about to be an explosion at my place of employment in the very near future,(maybe monday) that may change things around again.

Life is so complex:rolleyes:

PS; You got a problem with my Bermuda shorts ?,Big Boy

Pakrat - I for one am so proud of you man. That's what I'd be doing if I got in an accident with my beloved Sally. Her body's not in all that great shape yet, but it's time for met to get working on that. =) Good job man, keep wrenchin' it!

WORTH said:
Ah contrare, I painted those flat black. SOme day I may even restore that car if I can stop driving it long enough. I think I've been driving it for 5 years now:D I have to stop working on other peoples cars:rolleyes:

Everytime I get a gameplan my life takes a twist and I change my mind again.

the current restoration schedual is ;

65 ragtop - in progress
74 F-350
65 F-100
46 1/2 ton
70 Ragtop

But there is about to be an explosion at my place of employment in the very near future,(maybe monday) that may change things around again.

Life is so complex:rolleyes:

PS; You got a problem with my Bermuda shorts ?,Big Boy

I hear that all too well my friend! Life seems to throw me nothing but curveballs as and soon as I get ready to hit one in comes the change up. I can't believe Oct 1st is 2 years now, I am so jealous at your driving it for 5 man.

PS, not at all man, I just wish it was going to be warmer next Saturday so I could enjoy those sexy stems.:p

65Stang200: Thanks man! It's been an uphill battle but well worth it for the eventual pleasure of coasting down the other side.:D