Progress Thread "Grover" Progress Thread - Interview @ Foxtoberfest '23

• Sponsors (?)

Daytona Sunrise Metallic Orange, dumb name but the color is pretty awesome IMO Internet says it was a short color run for 2nd half of 15 and beginning of 16. My car was built 9/15
When did you pick it up, Joe? It sure as hell didn't take very long. We made the deal on December 2nd. You must've had it by the beginning of January. Did you already have your eye on it?

I own no Mustangs, 22 years with that one.

Ford, my best friend, mentioned that you stated "The 6th would have made it 22 years." The 6th, the Saturday before last, was the day he came to you. So, he picked it up on its anniversary with you?! You had it exactly 22 years to the day? What a coincidence, prophetic even!

Yeah I bought it Jan 6th 1996 (with 31,150 miles on it) as a young Corporal assigned to VMFA 323 at Miramar about 6 months after the world tour on the Connie (CV-64)

A godamn lifetime ago!

The C7 came from carmax, always wanted one this one was in Salt Lake and after the deal went down I paid 300 bucks to have it shipped to Spoakne, once I saw it in person it was over, I was buying it.

I officially bought the C7 Dec 30th

Reactions: 3 users
Some interior shots. However, it has the original stock instrument cluster not the white faced gauges anymore.

jm52wya.jpg
SAM_0382.jpg
jm52wya.jpg
93GT_0085.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Yes. I'm pretty sure the paint is original. Here're the pics everyone is asking for:

I'll have to snap one or two of the interior, though. The interior is also very clean.

driversfront.jpg
passengerfront2.jpg
passengerside6.jpg
209FAD78-2F84-4825-BEEB-36E56CAC4573-4662-0000032281D760EA.jpg
engine1.jpg
Underside.jpg
935 dyno.JPG

I swear we've seen this car before. Who's car did this used to be?

Sheesh at least post the money shot.

DQBgXzY.jpg

Bastig. lol

You nearly cost me an edit. :fuss:

Made some significant tuning adjustments.

I asked Joe to send me his old E85 tune, yesterday. I noticed a problem with the BS3 calling 55* spark timing no matter what the table said. That would be dangerously advanced. Turns out, the tune from the '91 requires a timing reference of ~50* because it runs off of a crank trigger, whereas the 93 is supposed to be at 10*. So, the effect of that was that I was tuning on severely retarded timing, and I'm surprised how well I got it to run around town. It actually ran quite nicely. I'm guessing the BS3 detected an issue trying to push spark that far out of whack and adjusted as a fail safe to keep the car running. I'd almost prefer it if it just didn't run, as I thought I was running the timing I had commanded. After breaking out the timing light, the reference was spot on at 13* crank reference. After that adjustment, timing was where it was supposed to be, and I was able to pull fuel out across the board. Apparently, running proper timing helps! lol.

Another thing I noticed was that whomever tuned the car on E85 biased extra fuel (5-12%) towards 3 of the center cylinders (2,6,&7). I've read up and have seen recommendations for the SuperVictor say that the dispersion is uneven and that more air flows into all 4 of the center runners. I incorporated the individual cylinder corrections and added some fuel (5%) towards cylinder #3, as well.

Some other funky things I noticed include the displacement in the old tune said "349 c.i." when it's a 363, and something like 85 lbs/hr injectors when they're really 120s. However, I suspect that latter setting is meant to compensate for running E85 through the injectors instead of regular gasoline. On the other hand, if the tune is old enough, I think Joe actually did run 83 lbs injectors a long time ago. I did not incorporate those settings into this tune.

Now that I've got warm idle, low load acceleration, and cruise pretty well sorted, it's time to start working cold idle.

I'M SUPPOSED TO BE DOING MY HOMEWORK THOUGH, GUYS!!! How's a guy supposed to concentrate with such an awesome distraction?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Thanks, Joe. Yeah, E85 is great when its accessible. In this area, I may be able to find it, though it still isn't prevalent. However, I'm in the army and move all around the country. Therefore, I have to use the fuel that will be readily available anywhere. So, pump gas it is!

very nice, just one question... do you think 935hp is enough? LOL!
I read you were going to turn it down so that it would hook up in 3rd...good luck with that... I drove a 800hp (at least that's what he told people) Fox on the street with DR's and it would haze them at the top of 4th at ~140mph... so... good luck turning it down... enough. :).

Easy peasy. I have a 3-5 lb spring, plus I can pull timing as needed. Don't expect that will be necessary, though. I reckon subtracting 20lbs of boost of of it will make an impact.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
pretty cool... 16 years later and it's in your name.
20lbs of boost yanked, guess that should do it.
Pro3i... what ever happened to them? I got the same rear lowers, and, Kevin $ was recommending them back in the day. (coincidentally, that was also 2002).