GT40p Header help

crankin

Jul 26, 2001
Old Town, Maine
:bang: I just got a gt40 crate engine and went to put it into my customers car and noticed gt40p heads on it when I tried to install the stock headers back on. Does any one know where I can find GT40p specific shorty headers? ASAP! I will pay to have them shipped over night. Preferably someone on the east coast?????? :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

ok you DONT need specific headers. I have been running regular bbk shortys for a year now with no problems. I can even change my sparkplugs, and have. All you must do, is on One cyl, i believe #6 or 7 is put a Distributor end boot on becasue it needs the 90deg. thats it. once again just trying to save ppl money

I realize that you can get away with using standard headers, and most of us have no issues doing so on our own cars, even if it means a little extra work to change plugs, or using 90* boots, or cutting down plug sockets, etc.(I'm using Flowtech LT's on mine) I suggested P specific, only because he is installing the engine in a customers car. If I took my 'stang in to a pro to have a new engine installed, I would want EVERYTHING done right, even if it meant a few extra $$$$.

My customers car is a 95 GT. I appreciate all the help, but I'd really like a set that fits real well and makes it easier for me to do the service on this car. Is that Summit part# for a 94-95?
FYI: I did find that a set of headers off an 87-93 Mustang fit better, but still runs into clearence issues on the drivers side.

95GTAODE said:
Call summit. FMS 9430 P50 is the Part # you want. They list for $239.95.

I don't believe these are the one's he wants. I've got GT-40p's in my garage waiting to go on, and I called Ford Racing Tech support. They said that FRPP does not make any headers for 94-95 cars and GT-40P heads.

The only ones I've been able to find are the ones from MAC and the ones from CCM.

Right you are. I almost forgot what forum I was in! To use the FMS headers, he would have to weld a bung on to the #3 tube for the EGR.(If he's still using the SN95 intake and EGR)

Crankin, what intake are you using on that crate motor?

i was right

I was right they do make shorty headers for 94-95's with gt-40p heads.

central coast mustang 1-661-823-2400

part number- cc9495 they are 1 5/8 shorty's indurstrail plated cost -$219

$$

gt40p specific headers for sale<-----------right here baby :nice: for 94-95 from Mac. I went carbed 347, and I'm running full lengths with TFS high ports. I don't need em anymore. Anyone??????????? make me an offer PM me, I have the heads available with 1.7rr's too :p