(Guidance needed) i4 turbo fox build

So I have a 91 convertible fox with factory 2.3 non turbo, recently purchased 87-88 Thunderbird i4 turbo complete with all but computer unfortunately so my basic ? Is can I mod my factory 91 mustang com to run the turbo motor once installed also I'm wanting to run a compound turbo setup with a big one for top end thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

The factory non turbo computer won't work. I'd recommend using a computer like a megasquirt or Stinger. MS3 based products are great. MS2 products will get the job done. I run MSPNP2 on my car. ( turbo 331 )

That little 4 banger really wakes up with a lil'more boost.

since i am an ECU guy let me say that you will want to run something that can handle more than the stock ECU can. at a minimum you will want to run a hotter ignition system, and the injectors needed for this project may quickly become larger than the stock ecu can deal with.

Such as ? For ecu/injectors The hp goal is 400-450 with the intercooled compound turbo setup like to be 20 25 lb boost ? Im new to turbo, first build anyway , but have a bit of general knowledge dos an donts basic setup install things (no tuning exp at all) thanks again

Your working with 4 injectors so to make the same HP goal as a V8 you will need twice the injector size... I think the smallest size you could get away with is an 80lb injector on pump gas and a 100lb on E85.. assuming you will run a 90% duty cycle.

The fuel pump will need to be a 340lph to overcome the boost pressure and feed enough fuel.

That depends on what ECU you want to run, I mainly tune megasquirt so I am partial to their products. Sensor choice needs to match the ECU selection. I suggest new sensors in any build, most use gm sensors.

no no no.... if you are going to spend money get one designed for your build, I assume you want plug and play yes? if so then you want to deal with Stinger Performance.

Look at the Pimpxs for the 2.3

For some reason your pic didn't post.

People used to run the Volvo 2.3 turbo head on the i4. Used to be the swap to do back in the day. They also used to use old Cummings dodge turbos. This is all info from the 90s. I'm sure there are better options out there now. I know guys were swapping the ranger 2.5 liter engines in them.

Don't know a whole lot about them but contributing what I do know.

Repost of motor

Attachments

• MVIMG_20191206_133209.jpg
    MVIMG_20191206_133209.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 96