H/C/I swap..Need help on other mods & buys

• Sponsors (?)

Lets see, a few thousand dollars and 8 hours and even you can turn a 5.0l into a 350+ HP motor...thats what you need to get 300rwhp. But the motor wont get you down the track without the rest of the set up. Hell it took my 14 hours to do a motor swap by myself, that was driving it in and driving it out, that bumped me to 248rwhp and I just got a simple XE3 motor, to me thats simple. Changing gears, seting up the rear pinion angle, stiffining the chassis, lightening the car, all these things are more involved.
By the way, Mike said he could run 11's with just minor mods...thats what I have been disagreeing with all along.

thegabrielles said:
By the way, Mike said he could run 11's with just minor mods...thats what I have been disagreeing with all along.

WHAT???

Come on man....i never said that 11s were minor mods away...maybe chassis mods.

This conversation is over

Everyone and there mother knows it takes some work to get a 5.0 to make 300 rwhp.

Getting that 300 to the ground with slicks..gears..upper/lowers==11s.
Other chassis mods help.

Lets not blow this up anymore than it has been.

I never said a 5.0 cloud go 11s with MINOR MODS.

I guess you need to go back and read what you wrote...
WITH TRACTION (slicks) a 3200 street car is capable of 11s with minor suspension mods, good driver, good tranny.

Thats all i was saying. It does not take much to get an 11s slip.

300 rwhp..3200 pounds or less....SLICKS....HIGH 11s

Its a fact that a car with minor suspension mods and traction will go high 11s with 300 rwhp. SORRY.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

latham83 said:
haha sorry man i forgot to tell ya im buying a GT-40 intake kit soo...
now back to my question....so with the thumper heads with the springs for .590 lift...should i buy a cam and leave the stock rockers, orrrrrr leave the cam and buy 1.7's
which one would i benefit from more?!! thumper can get me a deal on E-cam thast why i wanted it...and its suppose to be good...
look at my other mods there to help ur decision...obviously im going to need a bigger fuel pump with reg. also

If you are getting the heads with .590 springs in them then you could get 1.7s and a cam of your choice....Also there are many cams out there that will give you more power than the e or b cams. But if you want to keep your stock cam thats cool to. They actually arent that bad when paired up with a good set of roller rockers. The stock rockers are crap. If you have the motor all apart and you are buying new parts anyway...get the roller rockers regardless of whether or not you buy a cam. Also hardened pushrods are a good upgrade to any valvetrain..

But the e and b cams are still good if you get a good deal on one. But if you are paying full price for a cam i wouldnt get a ford cam.

Sorry for all the crap that was on the last 4 pages......we had ourselves a little scrap... but its all done now.