Hello Everyone!

XJFanatic

Jun 10, 2011
Hi everyone new to the site and Mustangs. Not new to wrenching/working on vehicles. In the Army stationed out in Cali so I figured while away from home (PA) I'd finally get my fox that I always wanted. No rust down in the desert
4b724065.jpg

caa2467a.jpg

1471dd50.jpg

e04f4808.jpg

Here's the specs
1990 5.0LX 'vert
AOD auto
Almost perfect interior minus 20 year old leather seats being cracked
Exterior is rather clean for a 20 year old car with orginal paint, no peeling clear coat.
Single chamber flowmasters
Tokico blue shocks/struts

It needed a few things, door lock actuators (installed ), rear vert window (installed a plastic one for now), rear window motors (installed came with the car), fluid in the vert motor (done), tail pipes (installed came with car).

Future plans are in order, install stock airbag wheel, lowering springs and camber plates (came with car), poly bushings up front, a few bolt on mods (need some ideas), unibody stiffeners, new top as soon as I get out of the desert 130* summer days give vinyl a beating.

Basically going to do a body resto with a built motor down the road.

Think I did ok for $2500?

Here are my other rides (Warning I'm a jeep freak)
94 Jeep XJ Cherokee Buggy
4.5 stroker, d300, d44 front/ ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears spooled f/r, hydro assist steering, etc.

IMG_2933.jpg

IMG_2934.jpg

IMG_2935.jpg

02 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland (tow rig)
4.7 HO, 2" lift, 33's, superchips, currently building new bumper

aed0a9ea.jpg

bd8ea49c.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks, they are my babies, a little neglected right now that I am trying to figure out why the Mustang is sending KOEO 19 with a good comp and while running good.

But a little more, the rock crawler...

The motor is a standard 94 4.0l block and heads, had good cylinder walls so they just got cleaned up with a hone when I rebuilt the motor. BTW tried to kill the factory one by running it upside down for 5 minutes at 3 grand but couldn't. Crank shaft and connecting rods are out of an 87 4.2l with stock 4.0 pistons, netting me a 4.5l stroker motor. 97 grand cherokee 22psi injectors, (one day will be 24lb mustang injectors with an adjustable fpr) crane cam forget the number. Netting me about 250hp and 330ftlbs out of an inline six with all stock parts from something but the crankshaft. Torque curve is straight at 1500rpm and hp all comes in under 3000rpm. Lets just say the 36" iroks don't like when I get on it. :D

Transmission is still the original AW4 (same auto as a toyota supra/pickup) that came in the Jeep from the factory, when I got it, the fluid was gray cloudy and burnt, still shifts like it was new, nearly 280k later.

Transfer case is out of an 85 cj7 dana 300 full gear driven.

Front axle 89 grand wagoneer dana 44 4.10 gears, mini spooled. Ford TTB hubs/rotors, small chevy spindles, chevy flat top knuckles with highsteer arm on the passenger side for the draglink. I converted it to leaves during college to be cheap as I could grab wagoneer leaves for 10 bucks a pack. It has hydro assist steering tapped into the factory box with 1.5x.25 wall DOM for the links.

Rear axle 98 explorer 8.8 4.10 gears, discs, Mini spool. Tubes welded to the pumpkin to keep the cheap plug weld from spinning. Traction bar to prevent axle wrap.

It started out as a 94 cherokee that I flattened on a hill climb, 3 weekends, 300 feet of 1.75 dom and a bunch of beer we had the tube frame/cage on from behind the front seat back is not factory unibody.

Just recently started putting the lexan skins on and am gathering parts to convert the front back to coils and drop the whole thing about 2" so its super stable.

The Grand well its my tow rig/ expedition rig and has 33" tires, 2" lift, swing out rear bumper. With its only other mod being the super chips programmer to the 4.7ho giving me about 40 extra hp.

I love my Old XJ's though I can build one with 3" lift and 33" tires for about 1100 including purchase price. But my dream is to one day build a 91 Commanche with a 5.0l stroker, awd t-case from a grand dropped 2" with a built aw4. We are talking about 400hp out of NA jeep inline six.Throw a small turbo on there and :D