Roush Hello

SC281Girl

Jun 1, 2005
MI
I just wanted to say hello. I am the proud owner of a new 04 SC281 Saleen Convertible, torch red #04-312. :banana:

I have a question regarding the seats. My seats rub on the inside of the door which makes an annoying squeaking noise. My car is under warranty, however, the salesperson suggested that I just place a piece of felt on one of the 2 areas to get rid of the noise. Does anyone have any experience with this?

• Sponsors (?)

My 04 saleen seats are balck with grey inserts and my passenger seat rubs as well. I just pushed the door in slightly and did the same thing to the portion of the seat that was rubbing. It's not perfect but I don't hear the sound anymore. I guess it depends how on badly yours rubs. If you find a better solution please let me know.

I would not be interested in putting felt on my door or seat. I'm not sure what the salesman was thinking.

The rubbing is a common problem with Saleen’s re-bolstered and reupholstered Mustang GT seats. Most everyone knows Saleen used to offer Recaro seats but these days; they rebuild the stock seats to “Saleen specifications”. :rolleyes: I haven’t heard of anyone else fixing the problem. Don’t let the dealer off so easy and I can’t believe they told you to fix the problem.

Congratulations on the car, btw!

There is a TSB out for the Mach1 to fix the passanger seat that rubs the door. It specs a washer kit that will shift the upper portion of the seat towards the center of the car. I bought the kit myself to fix it but I was able to just loosen the seat mounting bolts and push the hole seat away from the door and tighten it back up. That kit may work for you or even just doing what I did to shift it over.

Congrats on the SC281!! :nice:

I have the same problem in my 2003 convertible as well. drives me crazy. So what I do is step on the gas harder and listen to the SC or turn up the radio when just cruising!!!!

Enjoy!

Welcome Paige, and Congrats on the car, I would make the dealer deal with it you just gave them a big chunk of money. Tell them about the washers or pushing the seats in but make them do it. Also dont do the felt thing, YUCK! Lastly post some pics we would love to see your car. :)