Help and Options?

jomull55

May 20, 2007
lucas, OH
Hey Guys,
Im usually in the 5.0L section but i am looking into gettin a 99-04 4.6L . I have found one that i am looking at but the problem with it is it has a salvage title and the bags were blown. Previous owner did not replace the air bag or steering wheel. what are my options to fixing this? replacing air bag is very expensive right? could i possibly put on an aftermarket steering wheel that has no airbag? which would be cheaper, cooler, easier? any advice is greatly appreciated

Josh

• Sponsors (?)

Air bags should onlt be installed by a professional...aka a body shot. They will also only install new air bags since they would be liable for installing a used one that is faulty.

So yes, new airbags will be very pricey. Hope the price of the car is cheap enough to justify that

The price of 99-04's has dropped a lot. Someone i know just sold a 99GT for $5K

Be careful with a salvage title, if you total the vehicle, in SC anyways, you will not recieve full value for the car, but they don't mind charging you full price on insurance. Happened to me when my 94 GT was stolen and totaled.

What are the specifics on the vehicle to make you consider one without airbags and a salvage title?

The airbags going off indicate a pretty serious hit. I wouldn't want a car like that