Help: KOEO/KOER codes 95 and 42

The first two codes here are the ones i'm having problems with, the other codes i know why they are poping up. The reason i was checking the codes is i just installed longtubes and during the process i smashed the map sensor, After which it idled a little funny and would lurch or just kinda wanna take-off while cruising around 60mph in 5th. So i replaced it today with one off of one my old 5.0 work trucks and then reset the eec and took it for a spin, came home and pulled these codes.

KOEO

95 (oc): Fuel Pump Monitor circuit problems, processor to pump motor ground. Suspect inertia switch, FP relay, harness.

I don't know why i'm getting this code , the fuel pump is working and everything has been working fine with it:shrug: ?

KOER

42 (r): EGO/HO2S sensor voltage always above "rich" on bank #1 (c*): No EGO sensor rich/lean transitions detected, bank #1. 42 (c): 2.3 Turbo. EGO read rich for more than 15 seconds while in closed loop.

Can someone tell me which side is bank #1 so i know which 02 sensor to replace and which wiring to check please.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other codes--All the smog stuff and appearently the egr has been deleted by the previuos owner.

KOEO

KOER

SEFI test

9 :D

• Sponsors (?)

Code 42 (running) System rich - Fuel control or (memory) System was rich for 15 seconds or more (no HO2S switching) - Fuel control. Look for leaking injectors, fuel pressure too high, cylinder(s) not firing due to bad ignition.

Code 95 - the 95 code is because at one time or another the fuel pump relay hiccupped and didn't provide power the pump when the computer told it to run. Sometimes this is a one time thing, other times it is a no run or runs poorly condition.

To help troubleshoot the 95 code, follow this link for a wiring diagram http://www.autozone.com/images/cds/gif/large/0900823d80167162.gif

Using the diagram, check the red/black wire from the fuel pump relay: you should see 12 volts or so. If not, check the inertia switch: on a hatch it is on the drivers side by the taillight. Look for a black rubber plug that pops out: if you don't find it, then loosen up the plastic trim. Check for voltage on both sides of the switch. If there is voltage on both sides, then check the Pink/black wire on the fuel pump relay: it is the power feed to the fuel pump. No voltage there, check the Orange/lt blue wire, it is the power feed to the fuel pump relay & has a fuse link in it. Good voltage there & at the Pink/black wire, swap the relay.

jrichker said:
Code 42 (running) System rich - Fuel control or (memory) System was rich for 15 seconds or more (no HO2S switching) - Fuel control. Look for leaking injectors, fuel pressure too high, cylinder(s) not firing due to bad ignition.

Code 95 - the 95 code is because at one time or another the fuel pump relay hiccupped and didn't provide power the pump when the computer told it to run. Sometimes this is a one time thing, other times it is a no run or runs poorly condition.

Code 42--fp is set at 39 psi vaccum off and capped. It spikes to 41-42 at WOT and runs around 34-35 at cruise. All injectors have new o-rings and pintle caps. New autolite 25's all around, new ford racing 9mm wires, new motorcraft cap and rotor, good msd 6al box. All cylenders seem to be firing correctly and the SEFI test (cylender balance test) showed everything to be working correctly. So I'm STILL at a loss as to what is causing this code. I thought the code was reffering to a bad o2 sensor.

Code 95--I don't know:shrug: , I haven't had any problems with the fuel pump or with fuel pressure. I'll try and get a new relay tommorow and see if it still throws that code again, if so I'll troubleshoot it with your suggestions.

Thanks for your help jrichker, You are the man!

Quick thought...

If the 42 and 95 codes were stored in memory in the eec would they be cleared by removing the negative battery cable for 10 minutes? If not then how would i clear them?

EDIT:
"COPIED FROM
http://www.mustangworks.com/articles/electronics/eec-iv_codes.html
One last item is how to clear the continuous codes, so that you can see if new ones crop up. This is simply done by disconnecting and then reconnecting your jumper after all the tests have been run and the codes have been received."

So according to this bit of info that i overlooked , i need to go run the koeo test and/or the koer tests again and afterwards dissconect and reconect the jumper to clear the codes. Then go drive around for a while and check them again.?.?

I tried resetting the eec the way it said to. Also this time i got a code 41 while running the koer test. There were no continuos memory codes for the koer test and the SEFI test showed 9 again which means it's good.

41 (r): EGO/HO2S oxygen sensor voltage always below "lean" on bank #1. (c*): No EGO sensor rich/lean transitions detected, bank #1.

The code 41 this time coupled with the 42 still leads me to believe it's a bad o2 sensor causing it. So can someone please tell me which side would be bank #1.

Well i replaced the passenger side o2 sensor last night and drove it all night with no problems, I'm going to check the codes again later and see if it still throws any 41's or 42's.

I'll post back later after i run the koer again.

Just pulled the codes again, No more 41 or 42 , so it was the o2 sensor!

However I'm still getting the code 95. I replaced the fuel pump relay ands that didn't make the code go away. I guess i'll try to check the wiring and let you guys know what i find. Still, i have had no issues with fuel or the pump.

Trouble code 95

Cars that have a Mass Air conversion often have the 95 code. This is due to a wire that was not run during the conversion. See from Mustang Mass Air Conversion | StangNet for more help.

Ran codes today and i have code 95 - Fuel Pump Circuit Open-PCM To Motor Ground (M,O). I did mass air conversion on my 87 using main computer harness and a9l computer from 1989 stang. Would i still need to hookup the wire jrichker referenced in the quote above when using 89 harness/a9l mass air conversion? I did some research and will check inertia switch and relay. Anyone have any other suggestions on code 95? Thanks