Help Me Balance My Combo For Cheap

vpap1

Sep 21, 2009
My combo is not ideal, all i can say is plan got changed when stock oil pump shaft gave up...

The combo:

Coast High Performance 10 to 1 short block, 80mm MAF, 75mm TB, Track Heat Intake, 3/8" intake spacer, XFI236 .579 lift cam and springs, Underdrive Pullies, Screamin' Demon Distributor Coil, Dyna Mod TFI, Trickflow 1.6 Roller Rockers, Summit LT Headers 3" collector, 3" x pipe into 3" Mac Pro dumps, Rear stock springs cut 1 full coil, strange 10 way adjustable shocks, 180 degree T stat, 30# Accel Injectors, Trickflow 170 cc Heads, 3.73 Gears,UPR rear upper and lower control arms, Mickey Thompson Drag Radials 275's

WB, QH, starting self tuning, Before self tuning 369 @ wheels at 5500 RPM

Havent run the car on this specific combo, but similar but cam gear was half gone and killed the timing. With smaller cam and exhaust ran a 13.0 at 108 with a poor 1.98 60 and 350 rwhp

With that being said what is my weakest point of the motor...

1) Intake

2) Camshaft

or

3) Heads

and what would be your recommendations? The goal is to run high 11's with drag radials, keeping the 3.73's. I want to keep the rpms under 6200 due to the stock block.

The budget to best balance this combo is less than a grand...

And GO!!!

• Sponsors (?)

better driver. You are spinning through the 60 ft time. What is your tire pressure in the DR? What is your total timing set at. What is thw weight of the car. With that trap speed you should be in the 12's

Pressure between 15-16 psi, total timing at 36, weight not sure but I have remove 200 lbs thus far. I agree 100 percent I need to be a better driver. I did not have some suspension mods I have now with that 13.0. The rear tires were unloading causing poor 60 foots,

However, in terms of my engine, what do you recommend

here is my dyno sheet, i believe i can pivk up more hp and a few rpm from an intake upgrade. What do you all think?
IMG_2335.JPG
IMG_2336.JPG

Parts list looks good. I wouldn't change a thing. Practice Practice Practice. A 1.60 60' isn't out of the question if you can get it to leave. That should shave almost a second off your et where you stand right now! Once you get the driving down pat, Nitrous ftw!

I always used to get my best 60ft times out of my Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials when they were at near stock tire pressure. Don't think I ever dropped them below 22psi...and generally ran them around 28psi.