here's one I never had happen before- $5 paypal to whoever can figure this out-

• Sponsors (?)

I'm guessing nothing is wrong because your hose clamp wasn't tight and your gauge is inaccurate.

You didn't even say how long you've been driving it and how it was then. "The car always runs 180 - 190", fine, but when? How long? Has it been on the road for 5 years? 5 days? Where were you cruising from - the freeway? The store 3 blocks away? Does it only overheat at cruise, or highway driving as well?

Cooling systems can't be diagnosed simply by telling us your coolant temperature before it exploded. You owe us all 5 bucks for not providing enough information.

Must be a spark plug lol... I'd actually hafta say it's your thermostat. Depending on what you're running for heads, it could be an improper line up of water jackets. i had a set of 289 heads on my 302 and it did the same thing when i beat the piss out of it, it would all of a sudden puke all my coolant out the cap (24 lb)! It ended up being the water jackets...

I'm guessing nothing is wrong because your hose clamp wasn't tight and your gauge is inaccurate.

You didn't even say how long you've been driving it and how it was then. "The car always runs 180 - 190", fine, but when? How long? Has it been on the road for 5 years? 5 days? Where were you cruising from - the freeway? The store 3 blocks away? Does it only overheat at cruise, or highway driving as well?

Cooling systems can't be diagnosed simply by telling us your coolant temperature before it exploded. You owe us all 5 bucks for not providing enough information.

:D Oh, come on now, you're turning this fun filled contest into "sour grapes?":rlaugh: What're you going to buy with $5 now a days anyway ? :stupid:

its not the aliens...its the gov trying to cover up the global warming and the Russian conspiracy. Other than that, remove the t stat and see how it goes....and double check the t stat you get new. I got a new one, put it in. Had overheating problems. Checked and replaced all sorts of stuff...then found it was a REALLY high t stat that was not what was supposed to be in the box.

When I ran a 160 stat in my 5.0, it would cool fine around town with the air off. Once I got on the highway or had the air on, it was VERY inconsistant. Would have a very wide range of temp and alot of that was overheating. Long story short, I put a hotter 190 stat in and fixed the problem and never ran over 210 (factory setting being 210). Same situation?

LOL...you guys are great....

to answer a few questions- car has been on the road for 3 years- car would never over heat before-

when I left the gas station, whether sitting at an idle or running at 40MPH, it would still creep up on me-

I drove the car 10 miles driving it for a minute, then shutting it off for 20 to let it cool off to get it home-

180-190 degrees was temp regardless of freeway driving or city driving before the hose blew-

I was not driving spirited at all before it blew, last time I glanced down at the guage was about 2 miles before I pulled into the gas station and it was at 190-

I had been driving the car for about 30 minutes before I pulled into the gas station..

BTW- $5 will buy you one of the following things......

5 things at the 99 cent store
A Beer-
A gallon and a half of gas....
lunch at Taco Bell

Thats almost a 24 pack of really really cheap beer. Natural light anyone?

That is NOT beer. It may SAY that is it beer on the box and on the can but it is NOT beer. Must.... not.... slap... BullittStangV8....

Sorry man, I'm somewhat of a beer afficianado. Besides, with as much alcohol the beer I usually drink has I could provably put down all 24 of those and not even get a good buzz. That is of course assuming that I have the ability to consume THAT much liquid...

We have a WINNER!

MustangMike6996

Blockage- When the hose blew, it exploded, and the hose came apart and a piece of it was lodged in the good heater hose- I guess it made it all the way through the heater core??

Anyways, I would have never thought to check for that if not for his suggestion- as when I relooked at the blown hose, I could see part of it was missing-

So Mustang MIke6996 - PM me with your email address to collect your $5- LOL