High-pitched wind buffeting sound outside my driver door?

Pro Mod

Nov 16, 2005
Wharton, WV
Once I get my '06 GT up to about 60 mph with my windows up, I can rear something outside the car buffeting in the wind and it is very annoying. It sounds like its coming from the area around the back of the door where it meets the quarter panel. It's very high-pitched, as if it's a very small seam that the air is going through.

Does anybody else have this problem? It doesn't do it on my passenger side. I'm THINKING it may be a little bit of air going through the crease between my rubber belt molding on my door and the door itself.

this is ANNOYING!! The new chassis' interior is very quiet and I love that... but the downside is that I can now hear anything that is buffeting in the wind outside the car :( :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Pro Mod said:
Once I get my '06 GT up to about 60 mph with my windows up, I can rear something outside the car buffeting in the wind and it is very annoying. It sounds like its coming from the area around the back of the door where it meets the quarter panel. It's very high-pitched, as if it's a very small seam that the air is going through.

Does anybody else have this problem? It doesn't do it on my passenger side. I'm THINKING it may be a little bit of air going through the crease between my rubber belt molding on my door and the door itself.

this is ANNOYING!! The new chassis' interior is very quiet and I love that... but the downside is that I can now hear anything that is buffeting in the wind outside the car :( :bang:

I get that high pitched sound when going over 85mph, but it sounds like it's coming from the front middle. Sort off like through the a/c ducts. I'll probably look for it once it gets warm. I don't hear anything from the windows or doors.

scramblr said:
I get that high pitched sound when going over 85mph, but it sounds like it's coming from the front middle. Sort off like through the a/c ducts. I'll probably look for it once it gets warm. I don't hear anything from the windows or doors.
Scramblr, I had the same noise on mine and the Tech tracked it down to the inner fender well. They replaced and tested good. I hope this helps.

Michael