How do I use this seafoam stuff???

Prince95GT

Founding Member
Sep 29, 2001
Canada
I just bought a bottle of it, now how do I use it, I have heard that I have to shove some vac line into it and get it to suck it out of there... problem is which vac line is it.... pics would really help... Thanx ya'll

• Sponsors (?)

Pour the directed amount into a bottle, cup, whatever. Unhook your vent from the charcoal canister from the intake. Hook another vacuum line to the now open vacuum port, and just drop the other line in the bottle. Start the engine, and rev it a couple times, and it will suck it through the vacuum hose. Other than that, just read the back of the can.

Kurt

yeah, napa is the only one that has it as far as i know.

I disconnected the vacuum from the FPR. Attached a rubber vacuum hose that fit the inside diameter of the vacuum fitting to a funnel. Then I poured it in.

Scott

Seafoam directions say to try to use the PCV line or brake booster line. Around here Advance Discount Auto parts is supposed to have it. I think you use 1/3-1/2 pint for injestion and pour the rest in the fuel tank. They say you can put it in the oil too, but I don't think I'd try it, myself.

Seafoam is to clean soft carbon off of valves and hard carbon off the tops of pistons. Word of warning, when you restart it after letting it sit like the directions state, your car probably will smoke like you just blew it up, for a few minutes. I haven't used this stuff yet, but I've read a number of good reviews from people on CrownVic.net.

General Motors makes a similar product called Top Engine Cleaner. It's used similarly, but contains water along with the cleaners. Seafoam is all petroleum products. Some guys let the car injest enough Seafoam to stall the engine, I don't think that's it's intended use though.