how lenient is PIR regarding the helmet rule?

VR4

Mar 1, 2007
vancouver, wa
on street night? will i be able to get away with running mid 13s or will they boot me the second i run a 13.99?

the car has 12s in it so i gotta be careful.

i dont have anything against helmets (it was required for all cars on maui) but i just moved here and dont have 1 yet. still looking for a place to buy 1.

• Sponsors (?)

1. They're strict enough. First time you go into helmet territory without one, they'll scribble "H" on your windshield, and you won't get out of the staging lanes without a helmet with that written on your windshield.

2. I'm not sure I'd worry. Many a person has come to PIR with a car that "has 12's in it" and come away in tears and no helmet required :lol:.

on street night? will i be able to get away with running mid 13s or will they boot me the second i run a 13.99?

the car has 12s in it so i gotta be careful.

i dont have anything against helmets (it was required for all cars on maui) but i just moved here and dont have 1 yet. still looking for a place to buy 1.

You'll be lucky to go down once without it. They may ask you when you Tech. If you make it down once, they will stop you right at the return ticket booth or just after it. Why would you not want to wear it?:shrug:

I"ve got away with it once! If they ask you in tech what ya run say you dont know? If worst case you can rent them from the track in the tower for like $5 for the whole night. If your going down on friday night you can barrow mine if i dont run? Go look into the pawn shops to get one, i've seen some really nice and cheap ones in there before, i bought mine from a buddy. Or go on craigslist. When you do get one make shure it's a snel 95 rated and it say's so on it. Just because it's a motorcycle helmet dosent mean it's snell rated! peace

john:p

2. I'm not sure I'd worry. Many a person has come to PIR with a car that "has 12's in it" and come away in tears and no helmet required :lol:.

thanks for the tip. ill get 1 before i go.

1. im not new to drag racing.
2. ive walked a couple STis up here.
3. ive walked an LS1 on the freeway.
4. im not new to the 3000gt. i know what my last 1 did and i know where this 1 sits in comparison. (its slower)

edit: sorry if it sounds cocky. the car can do it. im not sure if i wanna launch it hard enough to do so with the POS 6 speed.

edit: sorry if it sounds cocky. the car can do it. im not sure if i wanna launch it hard enough to do so with the POS 6 speed.
Heh, no apologies necessary. Just that I've seen a lot of people run a second or more slower than they "should" have. PIR is an unprepped track and it takes exceptional driving or really sticky tires to get any kind of respectable launch.

I quit drag racing when I got the STI :lol:. My last car "should" have run 11's comfortably but it only gave me a 12.2 at PIR. Trapped 118 mph though. On all season tires. Oh well! :rlaugh:

Heh, no apologies necessary. Just that I've seen a lot of people run a second or more slower than they "should" have. PIR is an unprepped track and it takes exceptional driving or really sticky tires to get any kind of respectable launch.

I quit drag racing when I got the STI :lol:. My last car "should" have run 11's comfortably but it only gave me a 12.2 at PIR. Trapped 118 mph though. On all season tires. Oh well! :rlaugh:

PIR does prep their track out to about 100' that in turn gets spread out to about 200' by traffic. Just because the track looks dry doesnt mean all the moisture is gone. plus street tires with all there tread really do the most damage to the starting line. I have pulled lots of 1.2x 60' times at pir and low 1.30's on 10" tires. Not to say that I think it could be alot better. If people would look at the surface of the track they are dropping the clutch on most would see that a foot from where they left the track is sticky:nice:
Its not how fast the car is" Its how fast YOU are willing to drive:D

maui isnt prepped very well either. VHT is spread out to about 100ft. my exs cobra would blow the tires off well past the 1/8th. let off and get back on it in 3rd and it starts spinning again.

on the other hand my last vr4 when it was stock did 13.7@99 with a 1.91 60' at that track.