How to grease bushingson Lakewood LCA's?

HoustonGT

Gilded Gelding
Apr 6, 2003
Houston
Hey guys, i have the Lakewood Industries LCA's on the car and i looked them up online and found that they have grease fittings to grease the poly-urethane bushings. Well, they seem to be sqeauking a bit and i want to grease them up a bit. I really don't know what im looking for on the LCA's to find the grease fittings. Is it like a little knub/ nipple (haha, yes very funny) that sticks out on the LCA on the metal that is around the bushing? Can anyone with LCA's point out where i should look and what type of grease should be use don the poly bushings?

• Sponsors (?)

If they're anything like the MM LCA's, the oil zirk (i think that's what it's called) will be on the bushing side pointed toward the ground (possibly at an angle).. The MM LCA's have it to where it's easy to get to without raising the car up.

That is something I need to do as well, mine are squeeky

jasonh_86 said:
If they're anything like the MM LCA's, the oil zirk (i think that's what it's called) will be on the bushing side pointed toward the ground (possibly at an angle).. The MM LCA's have it to where it's easy to get to without raising the car up.

That is something I need to do as well, mine are squeeky
what kinda grease?

just a good quality chassis grease. i use Mobil 1 grease, but anything will work really. you will see a fairly shine little nipplish looking thing. you hook a grease gun up to it and shoot the grease in. make sure to clean it off before you put any grease in. i usually give them a shot of brake cleaner and wipe them off with a rag before and after.

bdcardinal said:
just a good quality chassis grease. i use Mobil 1 grease, but anything will work really. you will see a fairly shine little nipplish looking thing. you hook a grease gun up to it and shoot the grease in. make sure to clean it off before you put any grease in. i usually give them a shot of brake cleaner and wipe them off with a rag before and after.
Mobil 1 Grease. CHECK
Grease Gun. CHECK.
Clean Before applying. CHECK.