How To Request: 300whp na on a 306

justhereforinfo

Jul 15, 2008
I just picked up a nice little 93 coupe. See link for pics... 93 Mustang RED Coupe Original 5.0 Notch BLACK INTERIOR

First I plan to replace the LCA bushings(because there are NONE), do a compression test, and lower the shot to 100. After that I want to add some power off the spray. I dont think my quest for 300whp is unreasonable. What modifications would you suggest to get me there? What type of power to the wheels do most top end kits add?

Oh, what type of trans fluid is best to use with a T-3650, cause 2nd gears a bitch.

Do I need OVAL or ROUND lca bushings?

• Sponsors (?)

A well-matched quality H/C/I should get you there.

Holley kit. TFS kit. Or mix and match your own. GT40 or Edelbrock Intake, TFS or AFR aluminum heads, roller rockers, a cam to match and a good flowing exhaust (1 5/8 headers - long tube or shorties is up to you) with 2.5 inch hi-flow cats (or cat-less), 2.5 cat back.

Make sure you upgrade the fuel system to not only match the NA parts but have plenty for being on the spray.

And put some gears in there too.

That should do it. You could go past your 300 rwhp number depending on if you want to work the intake and heads and what cam you choose.

Edit: Just read the description of the car. Stick with the Cobra intake and send it to TMoss for porting. Get some quality aluminum heads and have them ported as well. The E303 should be fine (worked well for me with my ported Eddie intake and ported TFS heads and 1.7 roller rockers) or you could go with something else (better choices out there now). Seems as though the exhaust, ignition and rear end gears are already taken care of.
The fuel system will need work (larger in-tank pump, larger injectors). You should get a larger MAS and match it to whatever injectors you go with (24lb'ers at least) and go with a 65mm TB (if not already on there).

That car is BEAUTIFUL. Damn. I envy you.

Anyway, get the Cobra ported, slap on a set of AFR 165's, match a decent cam, and 300 rwhp will come easily. Like said before, make sure you have a good supporting cast of parts.

A well-matched quality H/C/I should get you there.

Holley kit. TFS kit. Or mix and match your own. GT40 or Edelbrock Intake, TFS or AFR aluminum heads, roller rockers, a cam to match and a good flowing exhaust (1 5/8 headers - long tube or shorties is up to you) with 2.5 inch hi-flow cats (or cat-less), 2.5 cat back.

Make sure you upgrade the fuel system to not only match the NA parts but have plenty for being on the spray.

And put some gears in there too.

That should do it. You could go past your 300 rwhp number depending on if you want to work the intake and heads and what cam you choose.

Edit: Just read the description of the car. Stick with the Cobra intake and send it to TMoss for porting. Get some quality aluminum heads and have them ported as well. The E303 should be fine (worked well for me with my ported Eddie intake and ported TFS heads and 1.7 roller rockers) or you could go with something else (better choices out there now). Seems as though the exhaust, ignition and rear end gears are already taken care of.
The fuel system will need work (larger in-tank pump, larger injectors). You should get a larger MAS and match it to whatever injectors you go with (24lb'ers at least) and go with a 65mm TB (if not already on there).

The car has 24lb injectors and an aftermarket fp. The previous owner said the maf was stock. How do you match the sensor to the injectors?

I think from here on out, any history of the vehicle will mostly be a guessing game. I did notice it has a low idle, which could be from the extra fuel. Thanks for the info and I'll look into the calibration.

Do you know which type of LCA bushings I will need to mate a UPR lca to the car?

I've been browsing here....

Mustang Rear Chassis Bushings at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

and dont know weather I need OVAL or ROUND bushings

Oh, by the way, if anyone wants to buy that tach I will gladly sell it to them.
I took it to redline last night and thought a plane was about to land in my lap. That damn light nearly blinded me.

Now that I think about it, you are definitely going to want to go with a bigger MAF to get to 300rwhp, so you should definitely look into that.

Why don't you call UPR and see what bushings they recommend? I don't know myself, sorry.

And lastly, isn't that the shift light cover I see on the front of the housing in those pictures? Just stick that over the light...

If you're making at least 10:1 compression and you get a good set of heads and a good intake, and IMO a custom cam, then you should make it. I haven't had mine to the dyno yet but judging by some other combos i've seen i think mine is around 270rwhp and none of it is very well matched.