I can't belive I am asking this but.......

HairyCanary said:
I think you guys are giving too much credit to the Fox -- .

I for one, just said the fox should win....and my reply was b/c of the gears. I noticed a HUGE difference in off the line quickness when myh 3.73's went in.

I see some people saying "not a chance"...you'll get creamed,etc.. That I dont know for sure!
RC

• Sponsors (?)

94GTLaserRC said:
I for one, just said the fox should win....and my reply was b/c of the gears. I noticed a HUGE difference in off the line quickness when myh 3.73's went in.

I see some people saying "not a chance"...you'll get creamed,etc.. That I dont know for sure!
RC
I realize the gears help, but in my experience a lot of what you get with gears is SOTP feel, not a huge increase in actual objective performance. I think if the SN95 had a manual tranny, he'd walk the Fox gears or not :).

:flag:

Dave

HairyCanary said:
I think if the SN95 had a manual tranny, he'd walk the Fox gears or not :).

Dave

Agreed...But he DOESNT!

"IF" he had NOS and a Vortech, he would win also.

The gears will get the thing moving off the line quicker for sure...Would be close...and since both are AOD(E)'s...the better driver advantage is not as important as with a stick.

Let us know what happens..
My $$ is on him by 3 tenths.

RC

you will probably lose, but not by all that much.

Both engines are more or less the same power wise, despite the rating differences.....my 94 GT coupe weighed exactly 100 lbs heavier than my buddies 87 GT...similar options, neither verts.....so you guys are probably close.

race and see....

The engines are identical,so HP is the same.Ford came up with a new method on how to measure HP in 1993,thats why the figures changed.If the vert was stock,IMO,the better driver would win.But with the few mods that he has,it will close the deal,you should lose.JMO You can send t-moss a PM,and he will write you back.150 is the going price for a lower intake.

It'll be interesting to see the result. I can't imagine how slow a 94/95 GT AODE must really be -- I drove a Fox GT hatch with AOD one time and it was the slowest V8 Mustang I've ever driven, hands down. Wouldn't so much as squeak the tires on launch.

Dave

HairyCanary said:
It'll be interesting to see the result. I can't imagine how slow a 94/95 GT AODE must really be -- I drove a Fox GT hatch with AOD one time and it was the slowest V8 Mustang I've ever driven, hands down. Wouldn't so much as squeak the tires on launch.

Dave
Thats true!! Mine wouldnt even power brake when it was stock.(It had 2.73 gears) With just the addition of a Precision Industries Torque converter,It would smoke the tires by just punching it out :nice: I got gears after,but Im sure it makes a world of difference over the stock gears.

tmoss said:
Gears are more $, and if you have to choose between gears or one of my lowers first, do the gears - then the intake.
Thanks,
I will keep you in mind when I am ready.

I am buying a house right now so money is tight and I am not sure if I will even have enuff for the gears! :(

Donny

Black Stampede said:
Whatever you do you MUST get 4.10 gears. DO NOT waste your time with 3.73s if you have an automatic. With 4.10s your car should launch pretty darn good.

My car is a daily driver and I have been told the 4.10's are a little too much for the highways.

Donny

I had 373's and 410's.The 373's were 2 tenths faster in the 1/4 mile,but it is fun driven around with 410's,they keep you honest on the highway :rolleyes: At 2500rpm,Im doing 72 mph,and if I keep it under 2500rpm's,I still get 21 mpg :nice: But 373's are a great gear,,,I know Im not helping :D

For an auto. there is no reason not to get 4.10s. The whole highway RPM BS is just that.....BS. 300 RPMs difference. For a stick car, yes, I would agree with 3.73s like I have in my own car, but for an auto, you need all the help you can get out of the hole.