I need to win!

ProKiller

Founding Member
Apr 26, 2002
PA
my car as seen in sig, stock suspension save for FRPP springs and KYB shocks, running Comp TA DRs. i need to win against a 99 Z28 (LS1). he has an auto, with mods: cold air, TB, mass air, and soon to be added LS6 manifold, cam, and he says a 100 shot of nitrous. currently hes running in the mid/high 12s. May 7th is the race date. what you think i need to beat him?

I know i need some traction. control arms? tourque arm? panhard bar? which company?

• Sponsors (?)

A z28 W/ cai,tb and MA, running mid 12's with an auto?? I dont know about that. mY friends brother has a 2002 LS1 SS 6 speed and he has a best of 13.4 and he knows how to drive....could he b bsing you?

CivicEater said:
A z28 W/ cai,tb and MA, running mid 12's with an auto?? I dont know about that. mY friends brother has a 2002 LS1 SS 6 speed and he has a best of 13.4 and he knows how to drive....could he b bsing you?
Either your track sucks, or your friend can't drive because my Dads buddy went high 12's in a box stock Z28, and yes, he can drive.

As it stands right now, with traction, your car could run low 11's or high 10's if your running 10 or 12 pounds of boost. To get the power to the ground, get a nice set of LCA's. Do you have subframe connectors? If not, get them too. UCA's are a help too and you don't have to spend a ton for them. What kind of tires are you going to be running on? Your going to need a good tire to beat this guy to the big end, and street tires will not cut it. I would look into a set of aftermarket axles and slicks as well.

Joe

oops, forgot the full SLP exhaust. well maybe bs on the mid 12s, but i have seen him run in the mid 13s when he got the exhaust, cold air. so maybe he is embelishing a bit, i don't know, but regardless, the question still stands. what do i need to assure a win.

I know i'll be him on motor, but the N2O makes me alittle nervous.
Moneypit, what you usually launch at? Killer need your input, your the resident pro racer.:shrug:

running 8lbs of boost, kenny brown subframes, 3:73 gears, moser axles. gonna be running BFG Comp TA drag radials. about 12 psi, warm them up good. thinking of launching at 4k. NO POWER SHIFTING.

First, high 12s are completely possible with an LS1. I believe stock LS1s should be in the low to mid 13s so high 12s are not unbelieveable at all.

Second, while you are thinking of getting mods. Just rememeber that as you are planning on getting faster before the race, he may be doing the same. Dont count on the mods he has now being exactly what he has then.

Joes95GT said:
Either your track sucks, or your friend can't drive because my Dads buddy went high 12's in a box stock Z28, and yes, he can drive.

As it stands right now, with traction, your car could run low 11's or high 10's if your running 10 or 12 pounds of boost. To get the power to the ground, get a nice set of LCA's. Do you have subframe connectors? If not, get them too. UCA's are a help too and you don't have to spend a ton for them. What kind of tires are you going to be running on? Your going to need a good tire to beat this guy to the big end, and street tires will not cut it. I would look into a set of aftermarket axles and slicks as well.

Joe

He can drive, he made 3 passes of 13.4 and he has gone to the track w/ previous cars (z28, Nova) and had good 60's. Mabye he was taking it easy on the car because this was right after he got it...I will ask him sometime. My point was that everyone that brings up LS1 camaros says they can run mid 12's stock. I dont believe it till I see it.

ProKiller said:
running 8lbs of boost, kenny brown subframes, 3:73 gears, moser axles. gonna be running BFG Comp TA drag radials. about 12 psi, warm them up good. thinking of launching at 4k. NO POWER SHIFTING.
Ok, you've got good axles, so don't be afraid to launch that car. Air them down to 10-12 pounds of air, and do a really good burnout. Launch the car at 5k, and the next run try 5500 RPM, then go to 6k. I know many people who run 15 pounds and launch perfectly fine with no spin from 4500 - 4k leaves a lot on the table. Where do you shift the car? It should be right around 6100 or so with that F cam and centrifugal supercharger.

Joe

ProKiller said:
Do you have any track times or dynos #'s im going to be running a similar combo on a 306 soon.