i wanna dress up my engine badly!!

shallowreef

Nov 3, 2005
illinois
I am looking to dress up my engine with either some chrome or red (to match my car color) and was wondering what you 4.6 guys have done and where you got it at.

Also if you have any pictures...whore out your dressed up engines!!!

Nick

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_0143.jpg

Ford Racing DOES offer aftermarket valve covers. I got mine from Holcomb Motorsports. $275 total. They offer some chrome valve covers also, but good luck trying to order those. My friend who has a Mach ordered them 3 months ago and is still waiting for them.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 69
shallowreef said:
where did you get the lifts for your hood. I hate my prop rod.

I got mine from redlinetuning.com . They cost $110 I think. Their the "Elite" ones. Four year guarantee. You'll need to drill afew holes and need a rivot gun. Their's another company I can't think of off the top of my head that offers a true bolt-on hood strut. I'm sure someone else will name them. Redline also offers a couple cheaper versions. One costs $70 and the other is like $80 or something.

One of my friends who has installed quite afew sets of them did mine. I'm a mechanical idiot. :rlaugh: If you do any work on your Mustang, you should be able to do it easily. The instructions that come with it are good.