IAC restrictor plate installed!

• Sponsors (?)

I found that by turning my IAC valve down a good bit, it almost solved my hanging idle problem. It used to hang at 1500 rpms forever and a day, now it hangs at 1100, until I'm stopped for just a few seconds, and it will drop down. Still, the plate might be another option for me.

I read a real long thread about this in the 4.6 territory.
I remember everyone with a Mach1 replied with extreme interest. It seems like their engines behave similarly to our when we change our cams. I know my computer hates my e-cam to death, and it fights it all the way. I have done all of the steps to mechanically correct the idle, this seems like a last resort. Someone on that particular thread was selling those plates for like $5-6 bucks. I was really interested in getting one but then I looked and noticed that it was a 4.6 colum and said f-it. Now that others are posting that the IAC design is the same for both engines I would like to pick one up. If anyone wants to sell me one please PM me and I will send you some cash ASAP.

BTW, with an aftermarket tuning device would this IAC restrictor plate still be as effective in curing idle problems? Or could the device tune the problem out without the need for a plate?
(sober and lovin it)
-fawcett

fawcett said:
I read a real long thread about this in the 4.6 territory.
I remember everyone with a Mach1 replied with extreme interest. It seems like their engines behave similarly to our when we change our cams. I know my computer hates my e-cam to death, and it fights it all the way. I have done all of the steps to mechanically correct the idle, this seems like a last resort. Someone on that particular thread was selling those plates for like $5-6 bucks. I was really interested in getting one but then I looked and noticed that it was a 4.6 colum and said f-it. Now that others are posting that the IAC design is the same for both engines I would like to pick one up. If anyone wants to sell me one please PM me and I will send you some cash ASAP.

BTW, with an aftermarket tuning device would this IAC restrictor plate still be as effective in curing idle problems? Or could the device tune the problem out without the need for a plate?
(sober and lovin it)
-fawcett

im with fawcett here, if anyone is able to make them or whatever i will send them cash if they could send me one