Import Enthusiast About To Buy A 2015!

Starting at the power point that most imports get to was a wise choice. You can always toss a twin turbo setup on to make a reliable 950 rwhp if you feel the need. As many times as I've kicked the ass-end out on mine, it has always felt controlled and confident. That's with Summer-Only tires and cold ass weather. I've had other cars where that was not the case and they felt like they lost a lot of traction once sideways.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Starting at the power point that most imports get to was a wise choice. You can always toss a twin turbo setup on to make a reliable 950 rwhp if you feel the need. As many times as I've kicked the ass-end out on mine, it has always felt controlled and confident. That's with Summer-Only tires and cold ass weather. I've had other cars where that was not the case and they felt like they lost a lot of traction once sideways.
Awesome! That sounds reassuring! Now I'm assuming boosting the engine would require going forged internals? I'm asking because a reliable 950rwhp on the stock block just sounds way too good to be true [emoji4] (although it'd be amazing if the stock block can handle it)

Awesome! That sounds reassuring! Now I'm assuming boosting the engine would require going forged internals? I'm asking because a reliable 950rwhp on the stock block just sounds way too good to be true [emoji4] (although it'd be amazing if the stock block can handle it)
Not 100% sure however I think the stock block has forged internals.

Even though I'm coming from a import as well I have had two mustangs in the past. A 79 and 97. Negher were v8. At the time I was too young and insurance has to high for the 97 I purchased brand new. I once you go Mustang it's in your blood. I left do to having a kid and needing a 4 door car.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Not 100% sure however I think the stock block has forged internals.

Even though I'm coming from a import as well I have had two mustangs in the past. A 79 and 97. Negher were v8. At the time I was too young and insurance has to high for the 97 I purchased brand new. I once you go Mustang it's in your blood. I left do to having a kid and needing a 4 door car.

I know the coyote stock block is strong since some guys are already at 650-700whp, which is already like a dream coming from the import world where 400+ whp basically requires a built engine.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pku3dLg-zZ4

I use the term reliable loosely when it comes to 1000 horsepower. Obviously, making that much power may slightly increase the chance of kaboom. But there are a lot of Coyotes making big numbers that aren't blowing up. Ford gave us a very good platform to start with.

Even Urist said himself that they won't leave this car at this power level as it won't last long. This was more or less a lets see what we can do type situation.
FWIW my 2015 has mad 646rwhp and is as reliable as can be. 1000 miles on the setup so far and not even a bit of trouble. Dyno time, road course sessions and now a 300 mile road trip as of last weekend.

So the coyote rods are weaker than the pistons? What's the size of the stock injectors and pump?
Pistons in these motors are forged from the factory and will never be an issue. Oil pump gears are powdered metal and historically hold 700-750whp with the rods not holding much more than that. Stock injectors are 39lb? I believe and not sure on f/p size. My car has a boost a pump and 100lb injectors and easily made the 646 rwhp. As far as I know, Urist has the identical fuel system setup on the turbo car that made 900+ (stock fuel pump with a voltage booster and 100 lb injectors)

Pistons in these motors are forged from the factory and will never be an issue. Oil pump gears are powdered metal and historically hold 700-750whp with the rods not holding much more than that. Stock injectors are 39lb? I believe and not sure on f/p size. My car has a boost a pump and 100lb injectors and easily made the 646 rwhp. As far as I know, Urist has the identical fuel system setup on the turbo car that made 900+ (stock fuel pump with a voltage booster and 100 lb injectors)
Thanks for all the great info! This car seems like such a great platform!

I think 650-700whp would be more than enough of a long term goal for me.

Coming from the import scene, having a stock motor make that much power is already a dream come true! [emoji4]

Hi guys,

So I'm picking up the GT tomorrow and wanted to know if the same 2014 break in procedure still applies? I've heard that the 2015 doesn't require a break-in?
My car went from the dealer to the dyno... 65 miles on the clock when it was strapped down for the first time. 1100 hard miles on the car at this point and still going strong. I wouldn't worry about a break in at all if it were me

Hi guys,

I picked up the GT and it feels great!

Now, I noticed some white smoke from the exhaust and a burning/maple syrup smell, I'm assuming this is just the left over oil/residue in the exhaust burning off?

Thanks!

I don't believe I noticed that. Keep at eye on it. Also check the oil regularly.i have heard that in the first 500 miles the coyote can use one quart of oil. Also I recommend a JLT oil separator for the passenger side right away. As these motors have been known to let some oil blow by the PCV system into the intake.

I don't believe I noticed that. Keep at eye on it. Also check the oil regularly.i have heard that in the first 500 miles the coyote can use one quart of oil. Also I recommend a JLT oil separator for the passenger side right away. As these motors have been known to let some oil blow by the PCV system into the intake.

Thanks! Does the coyote also burn oil due to forged pistons? Would Ford care about an AOS and deny my warranty?

The one quart of oil I was talking about it only at break in. The first 500 miles, mines was a half quart low. After 500 miles you shouldn't use any more. Keep in mind no two engines are 100% the same.