Income Tax Return and Mustang Mods

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
Who's using some or all of their return for some mods for this year and what are you getting? Im getting back $2285 (Fed + State) so thats more then enough to cover what Im doing to the Cobra this spring which includes...

Team Z K member

Team Z A arms

Team Z coil over kit with Strange 10 way shocks/Struts.

Fox TB Set up w/ an Accufab 75MM TB

Anderson Ford Power Pipe

Sknnies on the front for the track + tires

And getting the 4.10's installed

Also plan on doing an Aluminum drive shaft and Corbeau CR1 seats but those are coming from out of pocket expense.

• Sponsors (?)

This is the most I have ever gotten back in a refund but then again last year was the most I ever made as well. Regardless with the refund I paid a total of $9,190 in tax's (fed + state). Technically I dont start to make any money until I hit $10,000 for the year.

What kind of job do you do to have to pay that much in taxes?

Its not b/c of my job its b/c I claim 0 all year. I could be at a different job and still make the same amount and have the same taken out for tax's but to answer your question Im a corrections officer. I paid a total of $8,010 in fed and $3,465 in state for tax's before the return. I have no deductions or dependents so they can take quite a bit.

I'm hopin for some new springs and shocks for the rear and a full Team-Z front end kit. New fog lights (since my old one are toasted) and hid's for them and the headlights. I was hopin to start my 351W swap...but it's not lookin good

what a sore subject for me this year ....

i have had $10,000 or more in emergency funds go out the door in the last 3 months. :notnice:

the money knife hit a big artery this time. man, if i didn't have this fund (which is now pretty much empty) built up, i'd be dead right now.

wife's root canal: $3,300 (only $500 covered by ins)
wife's crown: $1,700 (none covered)
wife's car transmission: $3,000
windows: $1,600
basement sump pump: $3,500

then there is the non-emergency fund expense ... college for my son: $6,000

i know what i'll be doing with my tax return money (assuming i get some that is). i usually get about $2500 back or so