installed C&L 76mm

tim281

Dec 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I was suprised to see a good increase in throttle response and a noticable seat of the pants gain. It seems to have been a bump along the entire power band. It is funny to see the stock mass air beside the C&L during the swap, that stock one is much smaller. I went with the C&L since it is easy to upgrade the sample tube in the future and it was a great price for a used one on ebay.

Attachments

• stock_to_cl76.JPG
    stock_to_cl76.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Sponsors (?)

I had the same positive experience with the C&L 76mm MAF kit. I have the one that's calibrated for 19lb injectors but I also bought an extra calibration tube for 24lb injectors in readiness for future upgrades.

I'm happy with my 70MM MAC maf that is actually a C&L. On a dyno tune it may not be perfect but for just running around on the street it's working well for me. I have 24 pound GM injectors. No idle, part throttle or WOT issues. My plugs look normal when I inspect them.

I'm happy with my 70MM MAC maf that is actually a C&L. On a dyno tune it may not be perfect but for just running around on the street it's working well for me. I have 24 pound GM injectors. No idle, part throttle or WOT issues. My plugs look normal when I inspect them.

I just put mine in yesterday :nice:...ford 24lb injectors, c&l 76mm calibrated to the 24lbers. If nothing else I definitely think it picked up a bit top end. Feels quicker with acceleration above 65mph.... I'll be really happy once I get rid of this stupid throttle body and get a 70mm along with my bbk 70mm egr spacer :D. Like Maryland said I don't have any driveability issues either. At first I did but I checked the timing and saw it was below even 10* of timing :eek:....bumped her up to 12 where she belongs and it's nice n smooth. Although I think i'm running a lil rich... I'm going to put in my adjustable fuel pressure regulator though n see about fixing that.