Interesting Keyless Entry Problem

Sred99V6

May 17, 2003
A couple of months ago I finally made it down to Radioshack and bought a new battery for my 99 V6 stang keyless entry. I was able to reprogram the remotes and install the new battery. This was all and great until this last month......

I was fumbling the keys and hit the panic alarm. Well I proceeded to try and hit all the buttons on the keyfob and nothing. So I ended up slapping in the key and off it went along with keyless entry system.

Now I've tried to reprogram the system to no avail. Could it just be my keyless batteries again or is there a fuse I should be looking for? I've thought about unplugging the main battery terminals and trying the reset again. Please any ideas?!?

• Sponsors (?)

Problem Fixed

Well it was the battery for the remote. I went to Radioshack and bought another $5 battery. Went in the parking lot held both lock and unlock button with one hand. Then on and off a couple of times with the key and the doors locked. Unlocked again with the remote. Presto! It's back!

I wouldn't care if Ford had only put a damn lock on the passenger side. Smart one guys! Save a couple of bucks on the doors locks.

Hopefully I'll remember to do this again in another couple of months! :D