Is there a complete suspension lowering kit out there? Can you help me pick my parts?

swoop1156

Jul 7, 2004
I am doing the 5-lug conversion with 17x9 wheels. I am wanting to lower the car by about an inch or inch and a half, but I don't know the first thing about suspsnions.

I like the coil-over route that I read about, but then there are control arms, bushings, shocks, springs, etc.

Is there a complete kit out there that anyone offers, or coould someone here reccomend something for me for my wanted drop?

I like the sound of the H&R SuperSport Springs, and the Bilstein Shocks, but what else do I need to know?

I am not racing the car, or taking it to the road-course or dragstrip. I would like to retain as much ride quality as possible, but I will sacrifice to get what I want.

Is there anything out there? I really can't find a complete system.

Thanks everyone!

• Sponsors (?)

I am considering the Maximum Motorsports 'Sport Box'. It comes with the H&R Sport Springs, which according to H&R's website lowers the car about an inch ijn the front, and an inch and a quarter in the rear. Will I have any clearance issues with the 17x9 wheels?

I am liking the setup of the Sport Box, since it seems like it is a nice setup, offer improved handling, yet still rides somewhat nicely.

What do you all think about that?

Interesting that only Michigan people have responded...that is where I am from, and where the car will be driven.

I have talked to the sales rep and he was VERY helpful, but real world advice and history doesn't hurt either.

I am really leaning toward the Coil-Over.