Is this right or not?

MY 85 GT

10 Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
New Jersey
I emailed my local track Englishtown NJ...To find out what saftey stuff need to be done to run a convertible...Well i knew a roll bar was need but not at this 1/4 time they told me 13.5 needs a 6 point roll cage and Harness...come on how can that be...That isnt that fast at all....My SRT when stock ran 12.9 come on is this series??? Anyone run an E-town without a rollbar and went faster then 13.9?

• Sponsors (?)

WOW!!!!!-They lowered it it then, It use to be 13.6 in a vert. @ Raceway park-NJ. If you run faster than that 13.5 without a rollbar and know it, then blast it down the track, WOT and then say you just bought the car-You have no idea what it runs. You'll get one run, and be done hahaha :D There gonna toss you and make a mental note of your ride-I can tell you that for a bondafide fact! hahahah

I emailed my local track Englishtown NJ...To find out what saftey stuff need to be done to run a convertible...Well i knew a roll bar was need but not at this 1/4 time they told me 13.5 needs a 6 point roll cage and Harness...come on how can that be...That isnt that fast at all....My SRT when stock ran 12.9 come on is this series??? Anyone run an E-town without a rollbar and went faster then 13.9?

I have a 6 point with swing out bars in my '91 vert. Got mine from S&W Race Car Dragster Chassis, Rollbars, Cages, Suspensions, Parts

326116_91_full.jpg

326116_92_full.jpg

wow if I found myself driving around in a 14 to 15 second car with a six point roll cage in it i'd have to kick my own arse but I guess that's why I never owned a vert huh.. well I believe my local track Atco raceway calls for 13.6 but I haven't checked on it in years so it might be moved down to 14 like raceway since there both nhra tracks

Dude-

Not all verts run 14 to 15's....... :D But i see your point about having a rollcage with only a 14, 15 second car, seems ricey but necessary-If you want to run @ the track-legally....... For verts, Its structurally sound to have a real tubular roll bar in case fo a rollover, being verts handle like crap, especially foxes to begin with. As a matter of fact, I'll take you back, one of the fastest stang's on the planet back in the hey day during the 5.0 fest was a VERT, and was driven by a legendary dude named "RACIN JASON"...... RIP. :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf-TO8LIsyE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpZ5zBu_okw&feature=related

So with the heavier verts, You just have to up the power a bit more and spend a little more-and it will be just as fast or fasetr than some Notches. :nice:

Later Anthony
~SEMPER FI~ :nice::flag:

wow if I found myself driving around in a 14 to 15 second car with a six point roll cage in it i'd have to kick my own arse but I guess that's why I never owned a vert huh..

It used to be a rollbar was need for a 13.99 and quicker vert and 11.99 and quicker hardtop according to NHRA rules. A little while back they lowered it to 13.49 for verts and 11.49 for hardtops.

It all depends on your track and how tight they are. I made a 12.72 pass in my vert with no bar and they didn't say the first thing to me. I figured that I would get 1 pass that night but I got 4 all running faster than 13.0s

Yeah i really dont want to put a 6 point in my car either..and it has to be a 6 point too...NHRA specs...It is good for saftey reasons too.I love racing my car so i dont want to get kicked out so i guess i'll be putting one in.:)

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet times for that Vert! & its an auto-even nicerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :) :nice: Raceway park does break balls, esepcially with "kallitta" crashing and dying recently R.I.P.-even more so now.

Anthony

It used to be a rollbar was need for a 13.99 and quicker vert and 11.99 and quicker hardtop according to NHRA rules. A little while back they lowered it to 13.49 for verts and 11.49 for hardtops.

It all depends on your track and how tight they are. I made a 12.72 pass in my vert with no bar and they didn't say the first thing to me. I figured that I would get 1 pass that night but I got 4 all running faster than 13.0s

Milan, I'm not sure on the rules, but Lapeer is 13.99 or faster needs a cage. They don't always enforce though. There was a guy running 11's there with no cage and they didn't boot him. It has to be legal too. If they don't like the cage, it's a useless boat anchor. So make sure it's built to their specs.