Drivetrain Its Time For A New Clutch

roworld

Feb 12, 2004
baltimore md
My clutch went up on my last week and ive been online pricing a new clutch kits. There are so many clutch kits on the market that its hard to choose. So far the best bang for the buck I can find is the Ram HDX for $199. It should hold up to 450hp thats about the same as my king cobra that just went up. Does any one have any experience with Ram clutches or can recommend a good clutch. My mods are 373 gears, gt40p heads, mark viii electric fan, shorty headers and full exhaust, and a a9p eec.

• Sponsors (?)

There are a lot of happy Ram users on here, and you will hear a lot of good things about them. Personally, I had a bad experience with one. The pressure plate went bad only 1400 miles of use on it. Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. I currently run a Spec Stage II and love it. I would recommend the Spec Stage I for you.

Joe

Why not another King Cobra? If it worked for you, why change it? You don't make anywhere near enough power to justify anything really high end. I just picke up the CJ Pony Parts King Cobra style clutch for $125 a couple of weeks ago. That's pretty tough to beat.

Reactions: 1 user
Yup, I bought a King Cobra from Hanlon Motorsports when he did my T5. Happy as can be. As for the rest of your parts..CJ Pony is the only place to buy! Good quality and great service. I bought a part from Late Model Resto because CJ's didn't have it and got it right in the keister. Bad service, crap part, and did I mention, BAD SERVICE! Last $ they ever get from me.

Yup, I bought a King Cobra from Hanlon Motorsports when he did my T5. Happy as can be. As for the rest of your parts..CJ Pony is the only place to buy! Good quality and great service. I bought a part from Late Model Resto because CJ's didn't have it and got it right in the keister. Bad service, crap part, and did I mention, BAD SERVICE! Last $ they ever get from me.

Thats odd. I like cjs but I have also spent at least a couple grand over the years at Late Model Restoration and they have always bent over backwards for me.