Just Bought a Beater

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yep. Just bought me a beater (kind of). I needed a small personal truck just to take my garbage off to the dump once or twice a week .... and something to throw the 4 wheeler on every now & then. And something to play around in every once in a while. I bought an '89 Smoker-10. It's black, regular cab, shortbed, tinted windows, etc. And yes .... IT HAS A V8! I drove it today & I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, so I will post pics when I get a chance. I've only noticed 1 problem with it so far ..... it has this little bowtie thingy on the front ..... :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

wytstang said:
complete tune-up, fluid swap.....and congrates.

Thanks. I plan to do that, too.

I just wanted to add a funny story from today in here. As some of you know .... I'm going to be selling my '96 Ranger Splash (lowered). It's just not practical for me to be hauling a 4 wheeler with a lowered truck. I was going to put a 5.0 in it sometime .... but I have too many things going on with my car right now.

Anyway, I haven't driven it in a couple of months & the battery was dead. My dad brought home a new battery. I put it in. She fired right up. I walked up to the engine bay and there was an aweful sound coming from somewhere that sounded like I just sucked 6,000 plastic bags through the engine, lol. I drove it around the neighbor hood for a minute. As my dad & I were pulling into my driveway, I looked out the back glass & there was a huge cloud of smoke. After I stepped out, there was a HUGE cloud of smoke & I could barely see my truck. It was pouring from underneath & smelled like leaves ... or wood burning. Turns out .... a squirrel, rat, or some other rodent had built a new home in my straight through muffler & it caught fire. It smelled horrible. I'm going to go finish "blasting" it out tomorrow. It was hilarious .... so I thought I'd share.

SeventyMach1 said:
Turns out .... a squirrel, rat, or some other rodent had built a new home in my straight through muffler & it caught fire. It smelled horrible. I'm going to go finish "blasting" it out tomorrow. It was hilarious .... so I thought I'd share.
i guess its ready to eat. :lol:

Well, I spent the day helping my dad build the new garage .... so I didn't get time to take pics while it was daylight. I just ran out & took a quick video, though. You can't see anything really, but you can hear it. I'll get som pics probably tomorrow.

http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=F2B3C67F-D7AF-4B4E-9565-6BE53EF23CC1

Well, streetfire can't seem to stop optimizing ..... so here's another link. I'll try to get something better up tomorrow.

http://d53.yousendit.com/C/38N4OUMHHT1ID3S7I6GAVDBI9B/today 004.mpg

Well .... I finished blasting that crap outta there .... just forgot about this thread. Apparently, the last time I attempted did nothing. I tached it to 3K and held it for like 10 minutes, lol. All of a sudden I heard what sounded like a machine gun ... but it wasn't very loud. Then my truck started running perfectly again. I got out & walked to the back of the truck. Low & behold, there was about a thousand acorns ..... burnt to a crisp. I hate squirrels & I hate acorns! :D