Just got my 40 Series Flows welded in.....

and why does it not sound as loud as everyone is talking about. It's somewhat louder than stock and that's it. The ones I got were the orginal 40 Series 2 Chamber. It's supposed to be louder than the newer Delta Flow. Are the mufflers suppose to break-in and then become louder? I'm somewhat satisfied but no fully. The muffler guy that welded them in is really skilled and made sure everything was in tact and snugged. Could it be my mid-pipe? Thinking about getting the Mac Prochamber to compliment my flows. What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

Flows do take a week or so to break it. I thought mine were really quiet at first but they really started to come alive. the midpipe has a HUGE effect on sound. when i put on the X pipe with cats it was LOUD. if you are still not convinced have a trusted friend drive your car around with you following...you will be AMAZED to hear what your own car sounds like to others :nice:

When I first got mine, I wasnt blown away either... but give it a little while and I think you'll love them. Like mentioned above they might take a week or so to break in.

And definately let a friend drive your car and you'll appreciate them a lot more.

kurst said:
When I first got mine, I wasnt blown away either... but give it a little while and I think you'll love them. Like mentioned above they might take a week or so to break in.

And definately let a friend drive your car and you'll appreciate them a lot more.
Exactly. Have someone else drive it so you can hear what everyone else is hearing. :nice:

If you think it is quite now, try riding around with an O/R h-pipe and getting used to that, and then take it off. You will swear your car has stock exhaust.

Congrats on getting your flows. I got mine about 2 weeks ago. I can tell the difference now and then. They are little louder now, more so when I get on the gas. Thats my problem now, I love the sound so much that I can't keep my foot out of the gas. :D I am gonna get an off road X pipe next. Just got my gear for Christmas and now need to get a chip. Trust me you will love the sound you get and I love the drone. Its music to my ears. :nice:

vipergts281 said:
Exactly. Have someone else drive it so you can hear what everyone else is hearing. :nice:

If you think it is quite now, try riding around with an O/R h-pipe and getting used to that, and then take it off. You will swear your car has stock exhaust.

Very true.

heres how i found to break in two chambers. take them chunk them and weld some single chambers in their place. ive had a set for a year on my 03 and they are still loud. had 2 chambers on my 01 nice but not loud. single chambers are loud, cant wait to get my xpipe now.

Ryan02Stang said:
if you are still not convinced have a trusted friend drive your car around with you following...you will be AMAZED to hear what your own car sounds like to others :nice:

this will put a smile on your face :D i had my mechanic do that going around in the lot at the shop after the: l/t, prochamber, & cat-back install. he putted around for a second & then laid into it through 2 gears & i was like :eek: :jaw: :drool: but until he did that i thought it sounded kinda tame. hehehehehehe

c2see21 said:
this will put a smile on your face :D i had my mechanic do that going around in the lot at the shop after the: l/t, prochamber, & cat-back install. he putted around for a second & then laid into it through 2 gears & i was like :eek: :jaw: :drool: but until he did that i thought it sounded kinda tame. hehehehehehe

i hate when anyone else gets on my car! :mad: