Labor Talk

leibldg

May 9, 2011
Stock 1990 GT Vert w/ 125k. 5 speed (2.73's). Sunday drive with family. Just got a quote from reputable shop for labor (I have parts):

$350 gears/lok rebuild
$250 full connectors and upper/lower torque box
$150 UCA/LCA

$750 Total Labor

Searching the forums, this seems pretty fair, right? On a side note, parts I have are MM connectors, battle box reinforcements, hotchkis UCA/LCA, ford racing gears, bearing/install kit and carbon disks for LOK.

Anything else I should look at while in this area of the car? New shocks/springs. I have an MM k-frame and tower strut brace I will be installing myself (came with car). I like to turn at high speeds. :D

Thanks all and really enjoying the posts and hope to help on my end soon.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds right on par to me.
If you want to turn at high speeds, then yes, new shock and springs are going to be a most. Go look at the Maximum Motorsports site, since you have the K-member and subframes. You might as well keep everything the same.

Sounds right on par to me.
If you want to turn at high speeds, then yes, new shock and springs are going to be a most. Go look at the Maximum Motorsports site, since you have the K-member and subframes. You might as well keep everything the same.

Thanks for the reply. Good thought on keeping everything MM... wish they had a frequent user discount. Heck, 10% discount for putting their sticker in the window. :shrug: