Lightning demise and Ford Power Lease

Chupacabras

Banned
May 4, 2004
Carlsbad
Hey all,

As most of you know, I did the Ford Power Lease with my Cobra. Not only was it a great Lease as far as terms and such but, another benefit to it was getting the option to be one of the first 2007 SVT owners.

Well when I heard about the Lightning being postponed I seemed to remember that this lease was also available for the Lightning. Lightning was 24 months while the Cobra was 30 months to match when the new models were coming out.

So I called SVT up to see what they will be doing for those Lightning Leasee's. Because to me, the option of getting one of the first producation models is why I did the lease.

SVT said that they are still trying to decide what they will be doing with the Lightning Leasee's. No decision has been made yet. I asked about the SVT Mustang and if it will be postponed also. SVT said no, they are postponing the Lightning so that they can divert all energy to the next SVT Mustang.

I then asked when we will hear of any information on next SVT model, SVT said that something will come out in this upcoming year's autoshows. I said San Diego autoshow is in January, does that mean January? SVT guy said no, will be later on in the year at a different Autoshow.

So it sounds like the 07 SVT is going to make the cut. At least so far...

Ken

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, the delay of the Lightning is kind of a trip.
It seems silly but almost as if they were caught off gaurd with the Dodge truck? I mean in this day and age you'd think they have a good handle on what all their competition is doing.
On the good side, you know that they are going to use this time to bring out a truck that will not only match the Dodge but blow it away!
Can you say "supercharged V10" or "blown big block" ?
Let's hope.

No, I dont believe that is the issue, the truck has already been displayed as long ago as the 03 SEMA show.

This I believe is coming from accounting, low production vehicles just dont make tons of money for the company. They already had 500hp from the 5.4, mated to a 6 speed with independant trans...basically no competition for the vehicle...its all about stock price

enthusiasts come 2nd to stockholders

slidemaster101 said:
enthusiasts come 2nd to stockholders

THAT I agree with.
But the 500 hp concept truck at the SEMA show would just be on a level playing field with the Dodge truck and a year or more behind it (and maybe behind it at the finish line of a drag strip also) and I would think that Ford being the maker of the worlds fastest production truck for so long would like to be there again, and not share that spot with anyone else.
At least that's the way I hope they feel.