LMR 5 Lug Questions

rangerboy101

Oct 11, 2011
Inwood, WV
I was reading the 5 Lug Conversion thread and I saw where it talked about the limited wheel choices because of the hub when using the Late Model Resto kit. What problems are there with the new hub? Clearance issues? Or will they fit fine, I just simply won't be able to run the center caps? Is it maybe something that could be fixed by milling down the center of the wheel? I work at a machine shop so having something milled isn't a big deal. I'm trying to get as much info as I can before I do this swap because I plan on picking up some wheels around the begining of the year. Thanks in advance guys.

• Sponsors (?)

I was reading the 5 Lug Conversion thread and I saw where it talked about the limited wheel choices because of the hub when using the Late Model Resto kit. What problems are there with the new hub? Clearance issues? Or will they fit fine, I just simply won't be able to run the center caps? Is it maybe something that could be fixed by milling down the center of the wheel? I work at a machine shop so having something milled isn't a big deal. I'm trying to get as much info as I can before I do this swap because I plan on picking up some wheels around the begining of the year. Thanks in advance guys.

read slower the info was on page 2 post # 42 but here is the qoute from prime lord..

The main thing on this is to swap to the SN95 spindle/hub assy. Once you do that, you can run any wheel/center cap combo that the 94-04 guys use. The problem on the older style rotor/lug integrated setup is that the center dust cover sticks out WAY to far for the newer wheels. Unless you go to the updated hub assy, you can't even get a center cap in there.

go with the sn95 set up it is much, much easier.

Our 5-Lug conversion kit changes includes a factory style 5-lug rotor that is a direct replacement for the stock 4-lug. The only issue is that many of the newer 5-lug wheels have a smaller center hub area that will not clear the factory dust cap. Depending on the mount of work you want to do, i.e. milling a wheel, we do recommend running one of the following wheels....

99-04 SVE 10th Anniversary
95 Cobra R Wheel
94-95 17" "Tri-Bar" GT Wheel
94-98 16" Waffle Star Pony Wheel
94-97 Cobra Wheel
94-04 15" V6 Wheel
94-04 16" V6 Wheel
Weld Draglites
Weld Prostars
Weld Rodlites
RaceStars
Bogarts
Billet Specialties Street Lites
Centerlines

If you have any other questions please feel free to shoot me a PM.