MAC STRAGHT SHOT? 25RWHP?

i have the mac straight shot mass air system (the one with the maf) and i seriously doubt i got 20 hp from it..at the exagerated most i prob got 15...but im guessing 8-12 hp....that said... i was very pleased with it i would recommend it to anyone...my only complaint is that the filter has a tendency after a few weeks of driving to come loose from the rubber tube connecting it to the maf. Ive had to put it back in place and re-tighten it 2 or 3 more times already and ive only had it for about 2 months now.

• Sponsors (?)

ADRENLN said:
what size is the stock maf???? if you were to try this strait shot system, would it bolt right yop with say a 85mm maf, or will that make you run too lean? and i thought changing the maf messed up the idel of the car and made it run rough? is there a special way to make this new mac setup work without those problems? i hear they dont send you any install directions.

Here's what I was told on the straight shot w/ 85mm. Disconnect the battery to reset the comp. ( I do that anyways) and drive the car for 20 minutes or so after install, don't just start it to see if it runs then turn it off and go inside. I don't have any funky idol problems, my car doesn't die when coming to a stop. My only complaint about my car is the 3650 in it.

ADRENLN said:
one other point mac claims all kind of crazy hp #s in their adds. like 15rwhp with their cai. i have it it sucks.

Mac's old Cai is the reason they came out with this new one, its crap.

on monday i'm going to see if i can get my shop to get one in & i'll put it on the dyno. assuming they are not overbooked & can get it in by my next day off, i'll be happy to be a test mule :D plus i need a cold air, so why not give this a whirl :nice:

TopDeadCenter said:
riddle me this riddle me that..installed mac straight shot..got her tuned and dynod..hmm 12 hp gain from after and before..better than bbk;)

with MAF or without? Remember that the dyno tune is usually good for about 10 horsepower too, lol.

hotmustang331 said:
Two question, will it work with say a procharger P1sc,and should I get that MAF if I am planning on running a S/C later on....maybe I will just take the MAF off when I put on the S/C so I can have the power now LOL.I have been looking at that system for a while, but I just havnt purchased it yet.

no, get a boost pipe. they are proven to add 1-3 psi and 20+ rwhp.

Whole post should be deleated..........

This system is not any better then what is already out there.

Just a new marketing tool to sell CAI in a saturated market.

I went with Volant, much better CAI. (looks and color)

Just too rich for most people so the Volant gets a bad rap.

Do your home work people, get a CAI that looks good to you.

Have the car tuned to the CAI for best results and call it good.

Heavily modded cars see the most benefit from a CAI, not a stock car.

The throttle response is from the engine leaning out, fooling you the HP comes from the CAI.

My 2cents