master cylinder replacement 64.5 mustang

I have a 64.5 mustang coupe 4 speed 289 hp came with factory brake booster and single brake master,trying to find duel master cylinder that will fit in place of single cant be over 6" long any body ever ran into this problem the only thing i can seem to find is a conversion .i don't need a conversion just a master cylinder so it dosent hit shock tower want to figure out,before disk brakes are installed on front,answers would be a great help.

• Sponsors (?)

skip, you can use a later model master cylinder from something like an 89 mustang GT, assuming you have a disc/drum combination. the later master might require adapter fittings, and possibly a change in where the lines are run, but it will bolt to the stock booster since ford used the same bolt pattern for a number fo decades. you can also use a BFH to gain some clearance with the shock tower as well, you dont need much.

hay i appreciate the info on the 4 speed theres a bracket between firewall &booster looks just like the conversion cj pony shows but this is factory on mine don't know if their bracket is shorter ect, cant seem to get info on products if you know what i mean thanks for the reply.

The Summit kit (drum front to disc) has a 7" diameter booster that will fit with the dual chamber master in the kit. Mine is a SIX with automatic and Monte Carlo bar/export brace. The booster is not needed in my case, but I know it works because several guys have installed the complete kit.

Attachments

• IMG_1778 (1).JPG
    IMG_1778 (1).JPG
    583.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1781 (1).JPG
    IMG_1781 (1).JPG
    656.6 KB · Views: 132