mcleod clutch ?'s

coreys2k3gt

Jul 15, 2005
I bought a spec stage 1 for my 03 gt a while back and its a pos. So after doing some searching on here I see ppl talking good about mcleod. Would the stage 2 be my best choice for a gt with intake, exhaust, tri-ax, and 4.10 gears driven daily and tkaen to the drag strip occasionaly? Is the tob they sell at maximum motorsports a good choice or is there a better one and also what about the pilot bearing? I"m not worried about the price I'm tired of doing this I just want to know what is the best and what is going to hold up the longest under normal driving conditions. Also i'm thinking about going ahead and getting a flywheel while i'm at it this time any suggestions on that choice? Thanks, Corey.

• Sponsors (?)

coreys2k3gt said:
I bought a spec stage 1 for my 03 gt a while back and its a pos. So after doing some searching on here I see ppl talking good about mcleod. Would the stage 2 be my best choice for a gt with intake, exhaust, tri-ax, and 4.10 gears driven daily and tkaen to the drag strip occasionaly? Is the tob they sell at maximum motorsports a good choice or is there a better one and also what about the pilot bearing? I"m not worried about the price I'm tired of doing this I just want to know what is the best and what is going to hold up the longest under normal driving conditions. Also i'm thinking about going ahead and getting a flywheel while i'm at it this time any suggestions on that choice? Thanks, Corey.

Im curious too.... I am looking into mcleod clutches/flywheels too but am at a loss at where to find them at a decent price. Im thinking the stage 2 would be more than enough for you with minimal mods- i believe it handles up to 400 hp. The stage 3 and 4 would be too much because of its compound- they tend to chatter and are overkill unless youre planning huge power increases.