Met the girl of my dreams today

• Sponsors (?)

Well i don't know if she would go for us naming all our kids after the closet crew. However, she was very supportive of naming our first daughter Shelby Lynn. OBTW Today its soo nice outside, my girl gets off work at noon, so i told my boss i had an appointment to go to in hutch and i would not be returning to work after lunch. We are going to go to the lake talk to you guys tomorrow :cheers: :crazy: :cheers:

Shelby Lynn was my grandmas name, good name.

On another not, HOLY CRAP I JUST READ THIS ENTIRE POST AND MY EYES HURT.

And you're gonna live with that (and nothing more) for 8 more months??? :eek:

Dude, I remember being in my early 20's before and after Sue and I got married; and NO WAY!

If you're really gonna live like that for 8 months (I repeat, :eek: ) I know what to get you for a "Guy's Wedding Shower Gift"..... a hedge clipper!

FOR YOUR HANDS! :nonono:

I appreciate the concern. I get the feeling that there is one long road ahead in the next 8 months, on the bright side we don't live together so that really helps. We are outrageously busy on weeknights so that makes it a little easier. The weekends are another story all together, its has been relatively easy to stay "Good" thus far but i get the feeling that its going to get a lot worse before it gets any better. Oh well :bang: I think that it will actually get easier as we get a little closer to the day, my reasoning behind that statement is, she has declared that there will be NO touchy touchy after Christmas, and there will be no more modeling shows as well. :shrug:

One last thing StangDreamin i saw your car it looked just like your cougar

You saw the BBC (or one like her???). Can't be "just like mine"...... there just can't be that many Medium Bronze '73 XR-7's out there, with el-cheapo Dayton radial WHITEWALLS :nonono: ; sitting low in the back with all the Cleveland goodies in the trunk that should be at the other end of the car; leaning a little to the left because of all the bondo hiding all the rust in the driver's rear quarter; with 1/2' of dust hiding the cracks in the vinyl landau roof! :rolleyes: Factor in the missing rim-blow horn switch, the GREEN driver's seat bottom and the remains of "Purple K" fire extinguisher powder all over the engine bay (I've already cleaned/rebuilt the carb); and she's definitely "one-of-one" :nice: :rlaugh:

You saw the BBC (or one like her???). Can't be "just like mine"...... there just can't be that many Medium Bronze '73 XR-7's out there, with el-cheapo Dayton radial WHITEWALLS :nonono: ; sitting low in the back with all the Cleveland goodies in the trunk that should be at the other end of the car; leaning a little to the left because of all the bondo hiding all the rust in the driver's rear quarter; with 1/2' of dust hiding the cracks in the vinyl landau roof! :rolleyes: Factor in the missing rim-blow horn switch, the GREEN driver's seat bottom and the remains of "Purple K" fire extinguisher powder all over the engine bay (I've already cleaned/rebuilt the carb); and she's definitely "one-of-one" :nice: :rlaugh:

LoL my mistake :rlaugh: Your right there can only be one :flag:

Hi guys,

After 24 long years of waiting, next Monday I am finally getting the 66 convertible I've always wanted, so I thought I'd surf the net a little bit and see if there's any info out there for a girl who lives in central Massachusetts who wants to learn a little more about her new baby, maybe find someone around who specializes in restoring them who might be willing to teach me a few things--sounded harmless enough, until I landed on this site, checked out this thread, and now, 77 pages and THREE AND A HALF HOURS later, I've just gotten caught up on the story. You guys are better than daytime TV--the drama, the angst of young love, the double entendres--wow! And I thought I was going to find a bunch of car guys discussing things I didn't understand...

She didn't say she thought we knew what we're talking about, she said she thought we'd be talking about things she didn't understand, and frankly, if she understands any of this, I think she's got us beat by a long shot!

Good news 66MG, being in central Mass (not like Critical Mass), you are right smack dab in the middle of New Englands finest Mustang enthusiasts!
El Cheapo is in Eastern PA, I'm on the sand bar just a wee bit south of you. Worth is on the Cape of Cod, Pak is in NH.......

AND you've got a reasonable parts vendor just south of you in Manchester, CT.

Welcome to SN, sit back and enjoy the ride!:nice:

Oh, and don't worry about the Closet Crew / Gutter Gang.....we're mostly harmless.

He just left on a blind date... Haha, I can only imagine what this is going to lead to during the next week or so.

why wait?

I know the Cheap One is getting old and decrepit, but has he gotten that bad since I last saw him, that only a blind woman will date him???:scratch:

Since we're discussing the dating habits of the elderly now, I might as well tell you I have a date, YES WITH A REAL WOMAN, next Wednesday night (my next night off)......and she ain't blind!:nice:

66MG,

Welcome to our crazy corner here! Over on the tech boards, TONS of knowlege. Over here in talk, the Gutter, the Closet, Andy's wedding, my Crashing Cobra, Blue Fuzz, and more!

Are you anywhere near Wendell?

Thanks for the welcome :D And I just checked--I'm a little over an hour from Wendell.

And you think we know what we are talking about?:rolleyes:

I figure if ya'll are willing to devote 77 pages (and counting) to the subject, you must have SOME idea--some of that advice was pretty impressive!

She didn't say she thought we knew what we're talking about, she said she thought we'd be talking about things she didn't understand, and frankly, if she understands any of this, I think she's got us beat by a long shot!

Good news 66MG, being in central Mass (not like Critical Mass), you are right smack dab in the middle of New Englands finest Mustang enthusiasts!
El Cheapo is in Eastern PA, I'm on the sand bar just a wee bit south of you. Worth is on the Cape of Cod, Pak is in NH.......

AND you've got a reasonable parts vendor just south of you in Manchester, CT.

Welcome to SN, sit back and enjoy the ride!:nice:

Oh, and don't worry about the Closet Crew / Gutter Gang.....we're mostly harmless.

I doubt that I understand it any more than the rest of you, but I used to be a 20-something year-old girl who dated 20-something year-old guys, so I may have a broader perspective on it :D

I bought my baby from a guy in PA...really nice guy. And forgive my short-term memory (my brain is still on overload from my reading bender this morning and the Sox game tonight)--Worth & Pac: Did I see their names in there somewhere? Where in NH? What's the name of the parts vendor in Manchester

I should just warn you now...outside of putting gas in, checking the oil, changing a tire and driving, my car knowledge is, shall we say...limited. So my questions are probably going to provide plenty of fodder for open mockery--go right ahead, I'm a tough chick, I can take it...A little bit of ridicule is a small price to pay for a lot of information :D

My dad owned a tow truck company for a while when I was a kid, so I spent a lot of time around car guys/girls, and in spite of my failure to pick up any useful car knowledge, I did figure out most of them were pretty danged helpful if you just asked.

Well, tell me; did it look good? What kind of rims? XR-7 model with the embossed leather seats? Still have the vinyl half-roof? What exhaust, single? Dual? Factory quiet? Screamer with Flow 40's? Or better yet, Maggie duals with that "restrained growl" sound.... :drool:

Give me something to shoot for!

It looked good! I only saw it from a distance and was not able to get up close, but from what i saw, shiny paint, dual exhaust, sounded like 40's but could be wrong (it had that dirty sound that i love) craiger ss wheels (or look-a-likes), still had the vinyl roof, overall a sharp looking car.

why wait?

I know the Cheap One is getting old and decrepit, but has he gotten that bad since I last saw him, that only a blind woman will date him???:scratch:

Since we're discussing the dating habits of the elderly now, I might as well tell you I have a date, YES WITH A REAL WOMAN, next Wednesday night (my next night off)......and she ain't blind!:nice:

I have a smokin hot date this Friday, :shrug: but chances are you stand a better chance of getting some action than i do. :eek: :jaw: :eek:

I'll answer the date later, but wanted to post this Cougar pic:

CCNatsCougar.jpg

Found it in my old photos from the 1984 Car Craft Street Machine Nationals in Springfiels Illinois in 1984.

StD - Eat yer heart out!

And here I am at the event with the DECEIVER...

DanatCCNats1984.jpg

A skinny kid of 24!

Attachments

• CCNatsCougar.jpg
    CCNatsCougar.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 69
  • DanatCCNats1984.jpg
    DanatCCNats1984.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 59